Totally Unacceptable

Reaction score
This Shell has only been on this Quad for about two weeks now and with very limited flying time on it. This is just Totally Unacceptable for what these Quads cost and the number of them that DJI has coming back every single day with the same problem!

20170428_180921.jpg
20170428_180933.jpg
20170428_180948.jpg
20170428_181007.jpg

Wow, sorry about your stress cracks :( What is the 3D printed part you have on it? GPS Tracker holder? I'm a 3D printer junkie LOL

I thought the stress cracks had been cured with the "updated" P3 shells??
Cracking hasn't been fixed in the P4 craft. Kinda why I'm concerned about buying a new P4P. I just got my P4 back from DJI, they exchanged my craft for a new one. My shell crack was reported just 2 days before warranty expired. It developed a crack around the battery hole.

Last edited:
Cracking hasn't been fixed in the P4 craft. Kinda why I'm concerned about buying a new P4P. I just got my P4 back from DJI, they exchanged my craft for a new one. My shell crack was reported just 2 days before warranty expired. It developed a crack around the battery hole.
Well I've already checked over there and they're having trouble with shell cracks as well. DJI don't care or they would have already cured the problem.

I will never purchase another DJI Phantom because of this cracking if they continue as they are. I'm happy DJI replaced mine with a new P4, but this should never have happened in the first place since I try to keep my equipment as close to new as possible. With no crashes, no hard landings, no tip-overs and no crazy flying, my bird should have lasted well after the year warranty had run its course and THEN some.

I'm still hoping future Phantom level "pro-sumer" drones from DJI will have an entirely different design. I haven't visited the Mavic Pro site lately, but I hadn't heard of any airframe problems during the time I did visit there. If it is a relatively trouble free airframe, I'm hoping a larger Mavic will be the next "Phantom."

Reactions: Sprtbkryder
I will never purchase another DJI Phantom because of this cracking if they continue as they are. I'm happy DJI replaced mine with a new P4, but this should never have happened in the first place since I try to keep my equipment as close to new as possible. With no crashes, no hard landings, no tip-overs and no crazy flying, my bird should have lasted well after the year warranty had run its course and THEN some.

I'm still hoping future Phantom level "pro-sumer" drones from DJI will have an entirely different design. I haven't visited the Mavic Pro site lately, but I hadn't heard of any airframe problems during the time I did visit there. If it is a relatively trouble free airframe, I'm hoping a larger Mavic will be the next "Phantom."

The Mavic if I am not mistaken is made of metal or aluminum not plastic like the P3 and P4.

6d8e7be351d9470a2fe8fc0d19421fd8.jpg
oh wow. I just saw this post so I gave mine a good look. Thought I was ok until I pulled the battery out and no joy! This is something DJI will fix? My p4 has been through a crash that broke the gimbal. I imagine that rules out DJI fixing it?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl