Totally p###ed of with it all!

Sorry, accidental post, but now that I am here; my thoughts on updates is like many of you that have made positive statements. I bought my P3 for video and stills of amazing quality, not for speed. I values all changes they help me remain safe for doing that. I would have great regret if I could have avoided a crash with an update that I self elected to avoid.
Fly safe and fly often!

Most people do not have problems with the latest firmware.

But if you want to get rid of it, i will take it off your hands for 50.
Some needs help and you are kidding with him.

Having owned my p3p for about 4 months I was very happy with it flying fw1.19 until after only 26 easy flights I got the dreaded shell cracks. No massive deal I thought just send it in for warranty repair so that's what I did. After 20 days away I got it back fired it up on the table as the weathers to bad to try it and to my disappointment they without my consent have updated it to fw1.53 gutted at first as i had loads of confidence with it on 1.19 I thought ok it's time to move forward give it a go but now before I've even flown it there's another update and lots of negative comments I feel like just getting rid of it and calling it a day. Legally do I have any rights asking for my money back as it's not the quad I sent back.
Thanks
Steve

Take breath, relax

go fly and enjoy. why get all upset over nothing. they fixed and updated your quad. exactly what it was sent for

good luck and have fun flying!

Let me see if I can break this down... they updated to the latest firmware, you've _heard_ of a few people complaining about it, so you want your purchase price refunded. Yeah, lets all do this with everything... like our cars. I've heard of someone saying their tires came off their car. I should be able to return mine for a full refund. Well, no I've not had any problem but I've _heard_ of someone that did.

You see the point?

This is an activity where you are always fighting gravity with technology. There are no guarantees.

If you want to sell, you could sell your used P3. They maintain their value very well. I suspect you'd be able to take a $200 - $300 hit and all it a day.

Ok so yes they updated my perfect flying p3p to 1.53 so what happens if I go fly it and there is this battery error and it falls from the sky because I have not updated to this 1.6 or whatever it is. I don't like fw updates since nvidia fried my £350 graphics card with a update and refused to pay out. If it isn't broke don't fix it. There seems to be a lot of testosterone in this forum some of you need to go have some sex or something and chill out a little.
Kind regards
Steve...

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Reactions: Stephen Shea
Ok so yes they updated my perfect flying p3p to 1.53 so what happens if I go fly it and there is this battery error and it falls from the sky because I have not updated to this 1.6 or whatever it is. I don't like fw updates since nvidia fried my £350 graphics card with a update and refused to pay out. If it isn't broke don't fix it. There seems to be a lot of testosterone in this forum some of you need to go have some sex or something and chill out a little.

Is your P3 not flying perfect now? What you are asking for is a refund because what _might_ happen. Feel free to call DJI and discuss this.

I ment with the NFZ, Speed,logs, license, fee to fund FAA, what's next, all I bought this thing for was to record my kids soccer practices, not go 400 ft high, not go Five miles. Pretty soon it's going to be crowded fly parks only. Glad I have untill the 15th to take it back, I want to see how this all pans out first, This thing was pretty neat flying in the house.

Reactions: aka1ceman
I ment with the NFZ, Speed,logs, license, fee to fund FAA, what's next, all I bought this thing for was to record my kids soccer practices, not go 400 ft high, not go Five miles. Pretty soon it's going to be crowded fly parks only. Glad I have untill the 15th to take it back, I want to see how this all pans out first, This thing was pretty neat flying in the house.
Don't fly it over crouds of people.

That is not what you mentioned in your initial posts... not at all.

As you mention in this post, almost none of that affects you at all. You will need to pay a $5 fee to the FAA but you can't blame DJI for that (either). So.... _still_ there is nothing at all stopping you from flying and recording your son's soccer games (except the hysteria from the other parents).

But yes, more and more "entities" want to control people who fly drones. There is no doubt abut that. It's mainly fueled by two things... the media trying to make news and the FAA dragging their feet on printed regulations.

That is not what you mentioned in your initial posts... not at all.

As you mention in this post, almost none of that affects you at all. You will need to pay a $5 fee to the FAA but you can't blame DJI for that (either). So.... _still_ there is nothing at all stopping you from flying and recording your son's soccer games (except the hysteria from the other parents).

But yes, more and more "entities" want to control people who fly drones. There is no doubt abut that. It's mainly fueled by two things... the media trying to make news and the FAA dragging their feet on printed regulations.
And people landing on the Whitehouse lawn, and really just wanted to film my and my daughters practices, and college app video for scholarship but my whole town is in the 5 mile radius of the airport, that maybe has 10 planes a day land there. Thinking of taking this back and getting a Lily.

Plus I not blaming anyone, this thing is BadAss, but seems like in the end more trouble then it's worth , that's all.

And people landing on the Whitehouse lawn, and really just wanted to film my and my daughters practices, and college app video for scholarship but my whole town is in the 5 mile radius of the airport, that maybe has 10 planes a day land there. Thinking of taking this back and getting a Lily.
DJI has no limits on flying within 5 miles of an airport (I think it's closer to 1 or 2 miles). At most you will get a warning. Simply call your local airport tower and let them know you will be flying. Again, nothing to do with DJI and all to do with Federal regulations... so they apply the same to the Lilly. You may also want look at the Lilly as it's made mainly to follow the controller, not a camera platform.

Your thread has take a ton of different directions as far as complaints but none of them have really been against DJI.

Plus I not blaming anyone, this thing is BadAss, but seems like in the end more trouble then it's worth , that's all.

you are way over thinking this !

seriously , just get it out and go fly .

Be careful , use common sense and enjoy.

No sense dying before your dead!
hysteria doesn't look good on most people.

good luck and have fun flying!

whats with that old Whitehouse lawn infatuation? Molehill= Mountain to gov and media.
and you are following hook line and sinker!

Reactions: HueJorgan
I am within the 5 mi radius here in texas, been flying for 2 mos. Didn't even know it. Got an app that shows all no fly zones and found out about it. The chief constable told me that the planes aren't allowed below 500' except to land and take off. I'm not allowed over 400' period. Problem solved, as long as I don't try to fly down by the end of the runway, and seriously, is there anything to take video of on the gulf coast, other than the gulf coast? If the planes come in low enough to get tangled with my drone, their already in trouble, cause the airport is 2.5 miles away.

I am within the 5 mi radius here in texas, been flying for 2 mos. Didn't even know it. Got an app that shows all no fly zones and found out about it. The chief constable told me that the planes aren't allowed below 500' except to land and take off. I'm not allowed over 400' period. Problem solved, as long as I don't try to fly down by the end of the runway, and seriously, is there anything to take video of on the gulf coast, other than the gulf coast? If the planes come in low enough to get tangled with my drone, their already in trouble, cause the airport is 2.5 miles away.

I was flying my P2V several months ago over the bay in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. and noticed a military transport coming over. Apparently I was near an approach to Eglin AFB. One of those "OH CRAP" moments. I landed as fast as I could. :rolleyes:

Reactions: aka1ceman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav