Totally Out of Control

Reaction score
I can calibrate compass and lock onto all satellites.
Checked NAZA and everything seems fine.
I start motors and all lights are on and all good until lift off and then very erratic. Actually inverted.
Only thing I did wrong last time was plug into the phantom with the USB cable when it was on a wall charger.
I was charging the FC40 camera and didn't think about disconnecting the power supply.

I can calibrate compass and lock onto all satellites.
Checked NAZA and everything seems fine.
I start motors and all lights are on and all good until lift off and then very erratic. Actually inverted.
Only thing I did wrong last time was plug into the phantom with the USB cable when it was on a wall charger.
I was charging the FC40 camera and didn't think about disconnecting the power supply.

Welcome to the forum 185EZ,

Here's something that will help you find things in our forum.
It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

I'm seeing the word "inverted". Do you mean like upside down? :eek:
I think that one little thing you did wrong, may be the issue. Actually never heard of anyone doing that before. Is there any video of your aerobatics? It may help us narrow down the issue.
I think we already know though.

Give this thread a bit of time and others will chime in with their thoughts.

Reactions: dirkclod
I tried doing a search but nothing specifically to what happened to me.
I've flown many times before.
I decided to try it without the camera and get more used to flying out of gps mode but I barely got off the ground.
Yes, completely upside down. I barely got 5 feet off the ground and it was bouncing all over and then went upside down to the ground and I had a hard time trying to shut the motors down quickly.
One prop chipped and one broken guard.

Welcome to the forum 185EZ,

Here's something that will help you find things in our forum.
It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

I'm seeing the word "inverted". Do you mean like upside down? :eek:
I think that one little thing you did wrong, may be the issue. Actually never heard of anyone doing that before. Is there any video of your aerobatics? It may help us narrow down the issue.
I think we already know though.

Give this thread a bit of time and others will chime in with their thoughts.
Thanks for the welcome.
What do you mean we already know?
I thought I had flight check and ready to go.

I don't think you are supposed to put 5 volts in the USB port on the FC40.

I hope someone steps up and says it's alright to do that. Until someone does, I think that is what caused the problem.

I realize you said you had good lights. Does that mean all pre-start lights performed normally?

So, were you flying in ATTI, or GPS when the bird flipped over?

I was wondering the difference between plugging the USB from your laptop or a wall charger.
I first started out in ATTI mode and it was all messed up.
So I turned everything off and started in GPS mode and it was the same.
All lights came on with motor start up and motors ran fine until I gave it throttle and it was like a bucking bronco

I'm stumped. :(

I'll be the first to admit fault.
I thought I burned something up plugging in the USB power source since that was one of the last things i did.
I also did the motor test in the NAZA program and mistakenly checked the wrong box.:eek:
I needed to be on "quad rotor X"
All is good.
Thanks for the help.

I'll be the first to admit fault.
I thought I burned something up plugging in the USB power source since that was one of the last things i did.
I also did the motor test in the NAZA program and mistakenly checked the wrong box.:eek:
I needed to be on "quad rotor X"
All is good.
Thanks for the help.

So, one can get away with plugging in a phone charger to the USB on the FC40 without blowing anything up?
That's good news.
And, if you select the wrong motor arrangement in NAZA, it just won't fly worth a ****?
That's funny. Nice to hear the problem is solved. :D

:) Now lets see some video. :)

This is just an FC40 fixed mount camera on a Phantom 1. And yes, I'm a beginner.
photobucket really lowers what quality was in the video.
This is at Red Rock Canyon state park just outside of Las vegas NV

This is taking a snapshot.

This short vid was really strange. I was just testing my wifi connection.
wait for it.

Here's an Arizona sunset over the Colorado River

Cool pics. I got to see your 4 second bee and a nice 20 second sunset.

Photobucket is weird. I like youtube alright. For still shots, you don't have to use anything, you can just upload the file.

Reactions: 185EZ
This is just an FC40 fixed mount camera on a Phantom 1. And yes, I'm a beginner.
photobucket really lowers what quality was in the video.
This is at Red Rock Canyon state park just outside of Las vegas NV

This is taking a snapshot.

This short vid was really strange. I was just testing my wifi connection.
wait for it.

Here's an Arizona sunset over the Colorado River
Great pics.
I know about selecting the wrong motor configuration , when I built my F550 I did the same . I clicked on v hex. First flight was bad.i checked all the motor rotations etc. then I noticed the shape of the hex compared to the setup I was trying to configure. Second flight as great.

Wayne

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj