Total Pilot caused crash...Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 advice sought

Reaction score
Visible damage

hit tree ...aprox 20 mph

Fell 60 ft

landing gear one side known damaged

gimble looks bad....but all motion feels smooth.....

camera was jerking before crash....led me to believe possible board issue on gimble....

Gut feelings says go with the 600 something dollar replacement cam and gimble....landing gear and labor......

Doesnt seem to make sense dollar wise.

Hoping to buy another bird ...if can get around 900 to 1000.

Any possibilitys of putting some budget camera on this unit and play / experiment with it ?

Seems older phantoms have go pro aftermarket mods and such.

I have a Spark so I can fly....

Link is to my google photos.
20190117_021710.jpg
20190117_021710.jpg

Sorry to hear. Ya that gimbal looks bad

Yep, that’s a full gimbal replacement, as well as gear. You could always join us in rebuilding drones, as that’s half the hobby of flying, but if you want to buy a new one it’s understandable. If you are looking to repair the drone yourself, there are many members here willing to give tips/instructions on how to do it.

Camera inside gimbal may be salvageable if it isn’t scratched/cracked, which can reduce cost of full cam replacement.

Reactions: griffwyn
Visible damage

hit tree ...aprox 20 mph

Fell 60 ft

camera was jerking before crash....led me to believe possible board issue on gimble....

Gut feelings says go with the 600 something dollar replacement cam and gimble....landing gear and labor......

Any possibilitys of putting some budget camera on this unit and play / experiment with it ?

View attachment 107488View attachment 107488

Gimbal can be repaired. I’d try it and see if jerkiness goes away. I fixed mine after a bird caused unexpected landing in parking lot. Landing gear is an easy fix. You’ll need long shafted hex/Allen wrenches. 1.5mm and 2.0 mm.

Why do people not buy insurance! I have total hull replacement insurance for $285 CAD per year including $1 million liability.

Why do people not buy insurance! I have total hull replacement insurance for $285 CAD per year including $1 million liability.
Because no one insures drones or drone flying where I live. I've called and asked all the insurance companies.

Visible damage

hit tree ...aprox 20 mph

Fell 60 ft

If you think this could possibly be glued a lot of people don’t know that using a couple drops of super glue and putting baking soda on the glue makes like a fiber repair

Visible damage

hit tree ...aprox 20 mph

Fell 60 ft

If you have a micro center electronic's around you I just bought A P4P plus brand new 999.00
Unfortunately it's an in store purchase only they won't ship.

Hey what company are you going through to get that rate? Best I found was around 600 for the 1 mil liability. Thanks!

Visible damage

hit tree ...aprox 20 mph

Fell 60 ft

Just buy the parts from banggood as long as the camera itself is ok it should work out at £108.13 in uk and should be around the same in $ look here :-
Gimbal Camera Upper/Bottom Bracket Yaw Motor / Roll Motor For DJI Phantom 4 Pro hope this helps.

Totally fixable, unless you run it over or get it wet there really isn't any reason not to fix a P4P. From that picture, it just looks like it needs a Yaw Arm, Gimbal Ribbon Cable, and most likely a Yaw Motor. We see way worse than that every day.

Thanks for all the outreaxh to help...I am happy to be part of such a positive atmosphere.

Making a decision in next 24-48 hours....

I hope to be able to help out one day here.
I have a long history in Communications and component level circuit repair.

Right now having issues with a botched lasic ete surgery...and learning ...about new things isnt easy when up close vision is awful.. Hoping next procedure will be the magic fix for my eyes.

Because no one insures drones or drone flying where I live. I've called and asked all the insurance companies.
Join AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association). They offer drone insurance and it inexpensive. I subcontract for several companies and they require it. Carry 2 million umbrella and its a little over $250 US a year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.