Total Noobie!

Reaction score
Hello. (Yorkshire Dales, England) Got a secondhand P3 Pro for Xmas & don't know a thing about any of it. Reading a lot. Haven't even figured out yet if the thing will fly without a tablet/phone/DJI GO... :-( ... I'll get there eventually.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Haven't even figured out yet if the thing will fly without a tablet/phone/DJI GO
It will after you activate your Phantom in DJI GO, but it's not a great idea. DJI GO displays valuable information mid-flight. Without out, things could go south pretty quickly.

Welcome to the forum! :)

It will after you activate your Phantom in DJI GO, but it's not a great idea. DJI GO displays valuable information mid-flight. Without out, things could go south pretty quickly.
Ahhh .... so it MUST 1st be activated via the GO software - yes? Which means I gotta get me a tablet. (Mobile/cellnet/handy/smartphone useless - no coverage here.)

Ahhh .... so it MUST 1st be activated via the GO software - yes? Which means I gotta get me a tablet. (Mobile/cellnet/handy/smartphone useless - no coverage here.)
Yes.

Which means I gotta get me a tablet. (Mobile/cellnet/handy/smartphone useless - no coverage here.)
You don't need cell service to fly. However, your mobile device will need to be connected to the Internet when you activate your Phantom. You can do that at home before you head out to fly.

Hello. (Yorkshire Dales, England) Got a secondhand P3 Pro for Xmas & don't know a thing about any of it. Reading a lot. Haven't even figured out yet if the thing will fly without a tablet/phone/DJI GO... :-( ... I'll get there eventually.
Welcome to the forum!

If you are interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

Reactions: Schick
Yes.

You don't need cell service to fly. However, your mobile device will need to be connected to the Internet when you activate your Phantom. You can do that at home before you head out to fly.
Ahhh (repeat), thank you, thank you. Should have come here first (well, actually found this forum first) !!

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a WiFi connection you can use a Smartphone running DJI Go to complete the registration and then fly w/o the phone/ap.

With that being said you really should try to get used to flying with a phone/tablet because lots of the features/controls/settings that make the Phantom so much fun are embedded in the Go Ap.

Reactions: Schick
Yes.

Thank you! (The most critical "unknown" now resolved!)

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a WiFi connection you can use a Smartphone running DJI Go to complete the registration and then fly w/o the phone/ap.

With that being said you really should try to get used to flying with a phone/tablet because lots of the features/controls/settings that make the Phantom so much fun are embedded in the Go Ap.
Thank You. Most helpful. Will start looking for a tablet!

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to Phantom Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic