total drone noob needs buying advice (UK)

Your Miele analogy doesn't work. Reputable e-tailers have "real" addresses and real people answering their phones not operating from a flat in Lewisham. Given they've sold you and the OP a P3P at £200+ less than the € to £ price, where do you think they're getting the product whilst still allowing them to make a profit? And they can tell you it has a 5 year warranty, but it's when you come to claim on it that it'll count. Do you think a Nederlands based business cares about UK consumer rights? Anyway, enjoy your P3P.

Reputable e-tailers have real addresses? [emoji23] honestly dude, have a cocoa or something... Have you heard of the Internet? Its this way of presenting a VIRTUAL storefront, even..... Yes even if you work from home.. Which may well be a flat in Lewisham.. I'm not going to judge someone on his address.. What your referring to is a RETAILER, who has added a website to their business.. Not an e-tailer who is (shock)!web based..

Hell, if it has no warranty at all, it's insured.. DJI would deal with it directly anyway, as is the case on thousands of other purchases? Are you just upset we got it cheaper? OP has had his tracking info, P3P on the way, and another (hopefully less ****) member of the forums [emoji106][emoji6]

Chill out brother, we're here to fly & advise, not criticise [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reputable e-tailers have real addresses? [emoji23] honestly dude, have a cocoa or something... Have you heard of the Internet? Its this way of presenting a VIRTUAL storefront, even..... Yes even if you work from home.. Which may well be a flat in Lewisham.. I'm not going to judge someone on his address.. What your referring to is a RETAILER, who has added a website to their business.. Not an e-tailer who is (shock)!web based..

Hell, if it has no warranty at all, it's insured.. DJI would deal with it directly anyway, as is the case on thousands of other purchases? Are you just upset we got it cheaper? OP has had his tracking info, P3P on the way, and another (hopefully less ****) member of the forums [emoji106][emoji6]

Chill out brother, we're here to fly & advise, not criticise [emoji41]

Oddly, I do know a little bit about the Internet as I'm in IT, and I work from home. I'm not being **** and I don't recall criticising anyone. I just hate people being ripped-off, that's all. Good luck and enjoy.

Got a bargain from slrhut.co.uk good bundle for cheap, best thing to do is order the drone and when they ring you to confirm they give you a load of stuff with massive discounts. Ended up spending a extra 150£ but got two extra batteries for 50£ each (official ones too)

ok my friend has a couple of p2's with go pros and a p3 hes not even flown yet. more money than I have.

anyway I was initially going to buy the p3 pro, as I like the range and video link quality quoted, from simply electronics net. but after doing some searching it seems this was not a good idea. ive just cancelled the order and im hoping they refund me quick. so then I thought id use slrhut, but again it seems a grey importer.

so im now wondering if I can afford to enter this hobby at all. do I need a pro? or would the p3 4k work as well? in the UK we apparently need to be able to see the drone at all times anyway. so having 3+ miles is good but cant really use it.

I then pondered on the p4, it has a feature called active track, which id like to use to follow one of my cars for a video sequence. but the price is eye watering and after reading some threads on the p4 section im wondering if they haven't got one too many issues.

what would be your advice and where would you buy from in the UK?

I would happily recommend a new p2 you might find them cheaper now. This will get you into it or a yuneec which is great value

ok my friend has a couple of p2's with go pros and a p3 hes not even flown yet. more money than I have.

anyway I was initially going to buy the p3 pro, as I like the range and video link quality quoted, from simply electronics net. but after doing some searching it seems this was not a good idea. ive just cancelled the order and im hoping they refund me quick. so then I thought id use slrhut, but again it seems a grey importer.

so im now wondering if I can afford to enter this hobby at all. do I need a pro? or would the p3 4k work as well? in the UK we apparently need to be able to see the drone at all times anyway. so having 3+ miles is good but cant really use it.

I then pondered on the p4, it has a feature called active track, which id like to use to follow one of my cars for a video sequence. but the price is eye watering and after reading some threads on the p4 section im wondering if they haven't got one too many issues.

what would be your advice and where would you buy from in the UK?
Go to www.Phantomflightschool.co.uk - get advice, a free flying lesson and a new drone!

ok thought id follow up on this thread.

I bought my drone from the same place a Stoo. the site looks very similar to another Netherlands site selling custom built drones. im guessing this is to make it look more legit. anyway there was some confusion over delivery days, and I think they need to add maybe 2 days to there estimates. but the drone turned up all sealed up with a DJI controller strap. its a C rev with EU as the market on the label.

so after a little apprehension im quite pleased. the only down side I can find currently is the supplied AC cable is for EU sockets. not a biggy as I have a few figure of 8 cables kicking around.

thanks again Stoo.

After a lot of research i went for p3a

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20