Top Speed P4P vs P4

the best speed I have recorded on the P4P is just over 49mph - no tail wind to speak of
There must be different versions of flight controller software that the firmware does not update. Some people can go faster and others can't.

There must be different versions of flight controller software that the firmware does not update. Some people can go faster and others can't.
Within any particular model The Phantoms all have the same potential speed regardless of firmware.
Variations are a result of wind conditions and having OA on or off.

Within any particular model The Phantoms all have the same potential speed regardless of firmware.
Variations are a result of wind conditions and having OA on or off.
Well explain to me why my Pro will not fly faster than 45-46 mph even with a good tail wind?? I've tried everything, I have a regular P4 and it doesn't act this way. I will try to find my flight logs to fly to prove it if you want to see proof. The only way I have gone faster is in atti mode.

Before I get accused of making stuff up :)

Airdata screens which with my agree with my own (manual) flight log (clear,good visibilty, wind almost zero)

Max speed = 49.39 mph

I'm flying at just above sea level which might make a slight difference

speed.jpg

Well explain to me why my Pro will not fly faster than 45-46 mph even with a good tail wind?? I've tried everything, I have a regular P4 and it doesn't act this way. I will try to find my flight logs to fly to prove it if you want to see proof. The only way I have gone faster is in atti mode.

DJI told me that one of the recent firmware updates limited the top speed of he P4Pro, even with a tailwind. They said if a customer has a problem with that to email [email protected] and hey will consider removing the speed limit in the next firmware update.

DJI told me that one of the recent firmware updates limited the top speed of he P4Pro, even with a tailwind. They said if a customer has a problem with that to email [email protected] and hey will consider removing the speed limit in the next firmware update.
That's so crazy - I don't like the way it acts when it is limiting it's speed. The motors stutter and it jostles around a bit.. The P4 was a lot smoother.. I will e-mail them haha..

Before I get accused of making stuff up :)

Airdata screens which with my agree with my own (manual) flight log (clear,good visibilty, wind almost zero)

Max speed = 49.39 mph

I'm flying at just above sea level which might make a slight difference

speed.jpg
Haha.. I believe you man.. And the wind is never completely calm at all times ;) Show the in flight wind speeds haha. Even still - just had someone reply and say that they were limiting the speed in sport mode in the most recent firmware updates.. I don't know why though..

Haha.. I believe you man.. And the wind is never completely calm at all times ;) Show the in flight wind speeds haha. Even still - just had someone reply and say that they were limiting the speed in sport mode in the most recent firmware updates.. I don't know why though..

my guess is that people keep stuffing them into the ground and trees :)

my guess is that people keep stuffing them into the ground and trees :)
I imagine that could be it.. The other possibility is that going at those speeds, the "new braking" system they tout is overpowering some of the ESC's in the units so they want to tame them down to keep a catastrophe from happening.. I have noticed the P4P does brake a lot harder and faster than the P4 so........

I tried this per your recommendation but in typical fashion, they didn't want to research anything and just told me to send it in for repair (after I told them there isn't anything wrong with it).. SMH - there is a video where they talk about the Inspire 2 being limited in speed down wind as well. I had my P4P in for service to the gimbal already (It was vibrating a lot and making random noises when I first got it).. They replaced the gimbal and I got my Phantom back - it has a drawing on it my little girl made so I know it was my original (I noticed the same speed behavior before I sent it in).. They did a flight test and everything checked out ok so I am DEFINITELY NOT sending it in again..

I tried this per your recommendation but in typical fashion, they didn't want to research anything and just told me to send it in for repair (after I told them there isn't anything wrong with it).. SMH - there is a video where they talk about the Inspire 2 being limited in speed down wind as well. I had my P4P in for service to the gimbal already (It was vibrating a lot and making random noises when I first got it).. They replaced the gimbal and I got my Phantom back - it has a drawing on it my little girl made so I know it was my original (I noticed the same speed behavior before I sent it in).. They did a flight test and everything checked out ok so I am DEFINITELY NOT sending it in again..
DJI service is beyond stupid. This was a firmware limitation that their engineers imposed. I don't know if these people need to simply have the same thing told to them over and over again and have links to these threads sent to them. They really are a pathetic bunch of losers. DJI pays them next to nothing so they get bottom of the barrel people.

Who shot you down?
It's all good ,,just goes back to some early postings on top speed,,,
20170310_141439.jpg
had some funny numbers floating around,,,going litchi next week but in mean time trying ultimate flight v3 ,,when the wind stops,,,might get some accurate readings for a change with a paid app,,,,but did get told to keep djigo4 in the background,,,:)

DJI service is beyond stupid. This was a firmware limitation that their engineers imposed. I don't know if these people need to simply have the same thing told to them over and over again and have links to these threads sent to them. They really are a pathetic bunch of losers. DJI pays them next to nothing so they get bottom of the barrel people.
You have to remember that one of these devices out of control hitting a child (or adult) at speeds above 44mph will cause significant injury to the head. This has the risk of ruining this hobby through bad press and we've had enough of that lately.
Most of us are responsible flyers and conscious about safety so a subject on speed has to be handled responsibly.
I'm happy with my P4 doing its trusty maximum in sport which is plenty fast enough.

You have to remember that one of these devices out of control hitting a child (or adult) at speeds above 44mph will cause significant injury to the head.

I don't think that's a reason, you could argue that just as much damage would be done at 43mph :)

I don't think that's a reason, you could argue that just as much damage would be done at 43mph :)
Yes but I'd imagine limitations are in place for damage control.
Why not strap on a chainsaw and some metal props as someone suggested and then we have the ultimate killing machine.

Yes but I'd imagine limitations are in place for damage control.
Why not strap on a chainsaw and some metal props as someone suggested and then we have the ultimate killing machine.
If they are there for damage control why aren't they there for the P4 or the inspire. Your reasoning is not logical. And just because I want the governor taken off doesn't mean I'm going to fly irresponsibly. It means I want the same speed and performance everyone else enjoys.

You have to remember that one of these devices out of control hitting a child (or adult) at speeds above 44mph will cause significant injury to the head. This has the risk of ruining this hobby through bad press and we've had enough of that lately.
Most of us are responsible flyers and conscious about safety so a subject on speed has to be handled responsibly.
I'm happy with my P4 doing its trusty maximum in sport which is plenty fast enough.
What retarded logic! The limitations are there primarily for battery life, aerodynamics, etc. Moreover, plenty of RC aircraft fly way faster than DJI products. Your logic fails in so many ways. Moreover, there is no difference in "damage" going 43 mph, 45mph, or falling once it reaches terminal velocity from the sky, which it would do at far less than 400 ft. Go along now and take your whiny self somewhere else.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3