Too many SD cards?

Reaction score
So far I've got about 6 micro SD cards of various sizes, and I'm soon buying a couple more 32GB cards. They're kinda tiny so I've always stored them in the SD card adapter that comes with them to make them easier to handle, however I needed something to store those in so they don't get lost. So recently I found this Micro SD Card holder on Amazon that's credit card sized. A standard credit card is .040" thick. This holder is .100 thick, a little over twice the thickness of a standard credit card. I really don't plan to put this in my wallet, but I could.

I received the holder today, it's the bees knees. The slot tension on the SD card is just the right to keep them in the holder without accidentally sliding out. Some of the Amazon reviews said the tension was too much, but it's just right IMO. It provides an area to write on for each slot, to name each card, if you feel the need, such as 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or USED, Empty, etc. This is a very handy holder, $10.

How do you keep track of your SD cards?
upload_2016-4-29_20-31-5.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-29_20-30-24.png
    upload_2016-4-29_20-30-24.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 407
That might be good.
The clear plastic cases for multiple cards are junk - the holders don't hold the cards at all.
Can you reverse the S cards in that holder so you could easily see which are used?

Can you reverse the S cards in that holder so you could easily see which are used?

You cannot put them in upside down because of the lip on the SD card. Plus, you need that lip on top to pull the card out. To keep track of which ones are used, I plan to label a few slots with USED to store used cards, like below. I'll have one of these holders for each of my Phantoms, each with 4 blank cards.
upload_2016-4-29_21-44-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-29_21-40-53.png
    upload_2016-4-29_21-40-53.png
    183 KB · Views: 342
You cannot put them in upside down because of the lip on the SD card. Plus, you need that lip on top to pull the card out. To keep track of which ones are used, I plan to label a few slots with USED to store used cards, like below. I'll have one of these holders for each of my Phantoms, each with 4 blank cards.
I meant .. can you turn the card over so you can have some face up and others face down?
It could be that the notch on the side prevents that though like it does in a camera SD slot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers