To scared to fly P2V+V3

Reaction score
Hi
I wish I'd never started reading the forum. Phantoms dropping out of the sky for no apparent reason. Just dying mid flight. I've only had mine 4 days. I always wait for gps lock, Cali the compass and check screws are tight. I've even started tightening the props with the included spanner.

Do I need to do the usual mods like shielding, replace the wires from the boards to the motors etc to reduce the risks?

Thanks
Phil

Phil same here was so happy for the last 5 months till reading this posts got me scare I'm in the process of replacing ESC and wires since is open I'm looking and checking every single connection, hope i get my trust back

Chicken little was wrong the sky isn't falling well maybe a few P2's. But the odds are in your favor that it will never happen to you. Yes in time your knees will no long buckle every time you push the throttle forward and you hear the roar of the props as it lifts off. Yes in time which we all have plenty of well maybe some of us.

Phil same here was so happy for the last 5 months till reading this posts got me scare I'm in the process of replacing ESC and wires since is open I'm looking and checking every single connection, hope i get my trust back

Why are you changing the ESC modules?

It came with the new motors thiner wires and v2.0 putting the v2.1 which bare the right ones

Just making it safer fly close to people thriatlons

Chicken little was wrong the sky isn't falling well maybe a few P2's. But the odds are in your favor that it will never happen to you. Yes in time your knees will no long buckle every time you push the throttle forward and you hear the roar of the props as it lifts off.

I've just been out with it. Pre flight checks, cali, gps lock, let it hover for a minute and then off I went. Ultimately I came home a happy bunny (1st flight at 500ft) but had a pant filling moment that I've posted on the main discussion board. Maybe you can fill in some details Jason?
http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...-the-vision-app-pants-filled-instantly.45538/

Phil

It came with the new motors thiner wires and v2.0 putting the v2.1 which bare the right ones
Do the P2V+V3's have thicker wires and 2.1 ESC's?

Thanks
Phil.

Mine is a P2v+v3 came with wrong ESC v2.0 plus i dont like those thin cooper wire using a treaded waired

Mine is a P2v+v3 came with wrong ESC v2.0 plus i dont like those thin cooper wire using a treaded waired
If they are wrong wont DJI swap them for 2.1? What is the issue with 2.0 if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks
Phil

V2.0 is for p2v+v2 on the v3 they upgrade motors wish use esc v2.1 first bach of v3 some came with the upgrade motor only like mine dji will take so long and mine is 6 moth old + once opened warsnty is voided since yours is brand new most likely your is fine only way to know is by openig and look at esc ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434750485.841930.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434750397.045651.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434750397.045651.jpg
    747 KB · Views: 368
Great bit of info Marg2. Thanks. Mine is a factory refurbished unit. I bought it from a shop who had sent it back to DJI for repair. It came to me with all the latest firmware on, remote bound in cardboard and not a mark on the Phantom. I have a 30 day warranty with the shop I bought it from. Once that ends I may just open her up and have a look.

Thanks
Phil.

The size of the wire has nothing to do with it nor 2.1 vs 2.0 ESC's. The originals in my P2 NV were 2.0 but I damaged one and had to replace it with 2.1 which hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

Where does it say that you can't open the shell and to do so voids the warranty???????

ask DJI in My case I added a Flytrex connected to the main power board guess you have the older motors, my motor wires are more like telephone wire 2 string of thing cooper wires i can break them by twisting them imaging heat and vibration, see U have a P2 not a p2v+v3? specs on v3 motor said v2.0 is not compatible over heats a lot, trust me i believe 95% of crashes are pilot error but if i can narrow mine, will be a happy camper.must of v3 falling from skies were motor has died by broken wire or burnt ESC v2.0.o forat prop coming off hand tied (pilot error)
Will sen a pic of wire

motor wires.jpg

Hi
I wish I'd never started reading the forum. Phantoms dropping out of the sky for no apparent reason. Just dying mid flight. I've only had mine 4 days. I always wait for gps lock, Cali the compass and check screws are tight. I've even started tightening the props with the included spanner.

Do I need to do the usual mods like shielding, replace the wires from the boards to the motors etc to reduce the risks?

Thanks
Phil
I have had 2 phantom 1's early and late models. one has over 500 flight hours on the later version 1. I did not have 1 problem. I checked it before each flight about 1 a month a pulled her skin off checked all connections and never had any problem.

Now I have an inspire which is about 2 weeks old and what a nice bird.

ask anyone that has flown RC, crap can happen but all in all I have nothing but great flights with my DJI product.

Yes in time your knees will no long buckle every time you push the throttle forward and you hear the roar of the props as it lifts off.

I still get the shakes. Especially flying over new places. Maybe it never goes away.

I've just been out with it. Pre flight checks, cali, gps lock, let it hover for a minute and then off I went. Ultimately I came home a happy bunny (1st flight at 500ft) but had a pant filling moment that I've posted on the main discussion board. Maybe you can fill in some details Jason?
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/battery-indicator-at-60-on-the-vision-app-pants-filled-instantly.45538/

Phil

Phil i did read your post (highlighted in red) and I also answered your PM but haven't seen a response to my answer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.