To P3 ot not to P3

Reaction score
I am considering moving to P3A or P3P from my P2V+.

Here are my thoughts and options;

1. Sell my P2V+ ($600)
Get P3A or P3P for ($1200)

Out of pocket $600

Upgrade my P2V+ by;

Adding the 4mil GPS puck. ($10)
Upgrading to the V3 controller with the tilt wheel and adding LightBridge. ($800)

Out of pocket ($810).

Now at first the ~$200 less to go P3A or P3P makes better $$$ sense but my concern is the new "features" AKA restrictions on the P3's, are they worth the builtin upgrades?

Those that have gone this route ( especially anyone living near the backfilled swamp ) can you share your experience?

The new software looks amazing but is the ecosystem around it too restrictive? ( I live just short of the 30 mile TFR )

Last edited:
P3 = cheaper plastic (thinner) and plastic motor mounts vs metal (P2) which means cracked motor mounts. You can read about this everywhere. I have 200+ flights on a P2 Vision Plus Ver. 3. and would not trade it even up for the cheap plastic version (P3) with a 4K camera that means nothing. After 18 months, not 1 flaw in the body of this thing!

I am considering moving to P3A or P3P from my P2V+.

Here are my thoughts and options;

1. Sell my P2V+ ($600)
Get P3A or P3P for ($1200)

Out of pocket $600

Upgrade my P2V+ by;

Adding the 4mil GPS puck. ($10)
Upgrading to the V3 controller with the tilt wheel and adding LightBridge. ($800)

Out of pocket ($810).

Now at first the ~$200 less to go P3A or P3P makes better $$$ sense but my concern is the new "features" AKA restrictions on the P3's, are they worth the builtin upgrades?

Those that have gone this route ( especially anyone living near the backfilled swamp ) can you share your experience?

The new software looks amazing but is the ecosystem around it too restrictive? ( I live just short of the 30 mile TFR )

The P3A is $799 not $1200. At least that's what I paid when I bought mine from DJl a couple of weeks ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj