To Nazam or not Nazam mode.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Well after 12 flights, one crash...(operator error) and battling a retentive urge to keep the PV2 in reasonably close to avoid disaster I was wondering about Nazam mode ...Haven't been tempted to switch yet...only getting use to Vision mode but are there any genuine reasons your average run of the mill, just want to enjoy the P2V, would make the switch to this mode? Or is it a fast forward to more confusion than we need, when in Vision mode the full intelligence of the unit is utilized. Maybe I'm asking this question to early into my PV2 experience.

John

Hi,

If you don't feel there's anything missing from your current experience there's no rush to change. I would get very comfortable with knowing your orientation at all times and have solid basic flying skills before changing. Have a good read up about the IOC modes and what you can and can't do with them, also how you might use atti mode, and if you feel like you are missing out on something you can switch and have a controlled play with it - you can always switch back without issue. The DJI wiki has a section dedicated to the NAZA-M-V2 (a modified flavour of which is in the Vision) which shows you the led signals, IOC modes, etc, which is worth a look.

Plenty of information round these parts on IOC, flying in atti, not setting the S1 switch bottom position to manual mode... :!:

For me, I am used to regular GPS mode. I have the IOC enabled and the failsafe enable on S1. I have tried IOC and home lock. After flying for so long and being aware of nose-in and nose-out, the other modes seem weird for me. I went back to "regular" mode.

I'd turn it on just so you can manually engage failsafe, if anything. But learn to fly nose-in and nose-out first. It could really come in handy if you ever lose GPS lock and have to fly it home in Attitude mode by yourself.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl