Phantom 2 Vision not able to enter calibration mode

Reaction score
Dear all,

I just bought Phantom 2 Vision for about 2 weeks. Flight practices within these 2 weeks were good except a fly away when I took it off near transmission tower. After simple repairs, the Phantom 2 Vision was normal again and it flew nicely for a day or two.

Then yesterday when I tried to calibrate the compass, I could get constant yellow LED after toggling S1 switch by about 20 - 30 times. I rotated it 360 degree horizontally to get constant green LED. But I could not get slow flashing green LED when I uprighted the Vision (nose downward) and turn it 360 degree.

Today I connect the Vision to computer by Assistant Software. Get error 27 requiring me to calibrate compass. I use a strong magnet around the leg with 5-wire and metal case at the bottom, and could turn X axis of compass to positive value. The error 27 message is gone.

However, I could not get into compass calibration mode at all. When I switch the S1 switch over 100 times, the LEDs are still slow flashing yellow. It could never turn into a constant yellow.

All other features appear to be normal. I change to new batteries for RC controller, charge the wifi extender and place a newly charged battery to Vision. Still no improvement.

The bind parameters shown in the Apps on my Samsung Note 2 appear to be normal. The camera icon in the apps could be used normally.

Any suggestion as to what is the problem with my S1 switch on the RC ? or anything wrong with the compass calibration ?

Raymond

It appears that no other users suffer the same problem before.

Today I took the Vision and the RC Controller to the retail store where I bought them.

The technician suggested to replace the magnetic sensor and I let him replace it. Still not a cure.

Then he suggested to test up the RC Controller and after a while he informed me that the S1 switch had faulted and not responded when he tried to calibrate it. The S2 switch was normal.

After he had time to do the replacement of the S1 switch, he reported to me (I had left his store) that the calibration could now be done in normal manner.

I am surprised that the S1 switch fails so soon, since I bought the the whole brand new set up just 3 weeks ago.

I paid for the magnetic switch with 1 U shape landing leg (now becomes spare parts as reserve) but he did not charge me for the switch replacement. I shall pick up the rig tomorrow for testing.

A small step gained in my learning curve of this flying webcam.

Raymond

Not sure where you are located but I'm surprised they charged you since you're within 30 days of purchase. Glad you got your problem resolved.

Glad you got it sorted. There are always going to be some component failures, given the millions and millions of switches their supplier will be producing. Even with a 0.01% failure rate someone's going to get a dud now and again. However, that should be covered by warranty so I would request the "repair" is at no charge - the dealer should recoup their costs from DJI.

i have a phantom 2 non vision, and i can not enter calibration mode at all. i could the day i bought it but not now , and my switches work fine when im flying so it cant be that, i think the compass reading needs to be out before you can enter calibration mode by flicking the s 1 switch

shortyuk said:
i have a phantom 2 non vision, and i can not enter calibration mode at all. i could the day i bought it but not now , and my switches work fine when im flying so it cant be that, i think the compass reading needs to be out before you can enter calibration mode by flicking the s 1 switch

No, you need to be able to enter calibration mode at will. What if you take it on holiday around the world? The compass declination will be all wrong. What if you start to drift instead of flying straight, but not enough for the unit to recognise a recalibration needed error?

Sometimes it can be a technique thing. Try flicking the switch a bit slower, more rhythmically - or faster if you already go slow. Always end in the up position, too. If all else fails it could be that the switch has partially died and only registers position 1 and 2 for example.

my switch is fine, i fly in gps atti and i have failsafe set to 3rd position, it calibrates perfectly in the software

just tried again several times, no way will it enter calibration, im in nazam mode does this make a difference, i notice on youtube a demo video for a f450 quad on the naza m v2 . to enter calibration mode it says to upset the compass with a mobile phone or magnet to get the quad to enter calibration mode

shortyuk

Im also having the same issues right now. My P2 is working fine, the S1 switch works perfectly in GPS, ATTI, FS modes. But when I try to go into calibration mode it does not recognize it. Have you been able to get into calibration mode since posted this response?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik