TK102-2 GPS Tracker - Where do you fix yours?

Reaction score
This weekend I took delivery of a genuine Xenun TK102-2 GPS tracker which I'm delighted with. I've tested it twice and it's stated position was accurate to 1.5 metres both times.

The problem is I don't know where to put it on my Phantom 2. The logical place would be to fix it to the top of the Phantom using heavy-duty Velcro or similar but, as I believe the Phantom's own GPS unit is right up in the crown of the body there, that wouldn't seem like a good idea.

It seems that placing it in a vertical position, with the antenna facing the sky is the only option, and it certainly works in this position. When I tested it like that just now, it was accurate to within one metre.

So I'm inclined to think that the best spot is to tape it to the outside of the left rear leg, opposite the compass?

I have the same tracker, and I've used two small cable ties through the top loop and fixed it to the opposite leg from the compass. With the cable ties as tight as they will go, the unit doesn't move around in flight, and has no chance of coming free. I did initially use velcro on the side of the main case, but I'm much happier with this way

I think it's fairly important to keep it away from the compass, and I wouldn't want to put it directly above the GPS. Also don't use the back cover with the magnet for obvious reasons.

One thing about fixing it this way: make sure that the battery is on the bottom side. The battery has a gap to one side of the case, and if it's on the upside it wouldn't take much to dislodge it, like a hard landing for example... when you might need it the most :)

OR...

If you are feeling adventurous you can do what Jaybee did and mod it inside of the case. He has a guide in the P2 mods forum. He takes the case of the tracker off and does some cutting inside the battery bay. Saves weight and it's a very tidy solution. I'd go this way if I had a P2 or P1.5.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9439

Edit: typo

Where did you find a genuine Xexun 102? Every "genuine" seller ran away when I asked if their product would validate on the Xexin web site.
That said my clone works perfectly!

DanCH said:
OR...

If you are feeling adventurous you can do what Jaybee did and mod it inside of the case. He has a guide in the P2 mods forum. He takes the case of the tracker off and does some cutting inside the battery bay. Saves weight and it's a very tidy solution. I'd go this way if I had a P2 or P1.5.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9439

Nah, Dan, that's way too complicated for me ;)

discv said:
Where did you find a genuine Xexun 102? Every "genuine" seller ran away when I asked if their product would validate on the Xexin web site.
That said my clone works perfectly!

Found it here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251345210718? ... 1439.l2649

Researched the IMEI number and it checks out OK. http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=imeinr
The search even brought up a French Amazon advert for a Genuine Original TK102 for 99 euros :)

Confirmed as genuine on the Xenun website too (just located that!)

That is quite strange. That seller would not confirm that his product would validate. However, the pic. of the sim card carrier in his listing tends to confirm it is indeed genuine. The clone sim carriers are very flimsy and look completely different.
Looks like you have the real deal- and at a bargain price.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl