Titan Drones Cyclone Antenna System installed

Reaction score
Sands Township, Marquette County, Michigan
I decided to let the people at Titan do the installation and received the following packages today. I purchased a second RC which I shipped in the original package. I tested it before I shipped it to make sure it was working.

titan 1.jpg

This is what was in the Titan package
titan 2.jpg

The bracket which is mounted on the RC (middle item on right side). I presume it is normally mounted by Titan but if they did so, they would not have been able to ship the RC back in the original box. I took everything out of the wrappers and mounted the bracket which required a small box end wrench

titan 3.jpg

titan 4.jpg

titan 5.jpg

It is definitely heavier with the new antenna system. Below is the original compared to the new setup. If you look closely you will see that the two different RC are slightly different colors

titan 6.jpg

So I next took it out for a test ride as it was approaching sunset. It was a balmy 26 F degrees outside but clear. I flew it right from my house which is a dense forest with very tall trees.
DJI_0013.JPG

It began to give me disconnect errors which made me nervous and I decided to wiggle the antenna connectors to RC and that eliminated that error. I plan to give it a test tomorrow by flying it over Lake Superior tomorrow providing the big snow expected doesn't come until later tomorrow night.

Reactions: gerfoto
watch out for the weigh of the antenna on the white antenna nodes, the Titan Cyclone mount for the normal P4P has an additional supporting plate, which you can see on mine

Also when you fly make sure you have a bit more altitude so that the directional signal is not masked by the contour of the land

p4p titan2 - Copy (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gerfoto
Is that the 5.8? Do you know the weight of the unit itself?

No, it's the 2.4ghz, which was recommended by Titan if you were wanting more range in a country environment, the 5.8ghz models are supposedly designed for urban environments with a lot of 2.4 interference. Titan says for outright range the 2.4ghz is the better option.

The 2.4ghz weighs in at 1.3lbs or 683 grams, for just the antenna panel itself

Last edited:
Looks good. Also if you are shot at, it would provide a safe barrier from the bullets..... Kinda like kevlar......

Looks good. Also if you are shot at, it would provide a safe barrier from the bullets..... Kinda like kevlar......

Just imagine battery electrolyte flying everywhere, needs more of a slope like a tank glacis

Guys, I live in the super boondocks, so I would be lucky to even see someone. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan has 30% of Michigan's land mass and less than 3% of its people. Where I live we get 15 to 30 feet of snow a year and perhaps a foot tonight and tomorrow.

fronthousefromdrivewinter.JPG

I've lived in Flint.... 90% chance of getting shot at. Upper penninsula, much lower "Shot at" percentage... but Kevlar always saves the day...

Reactions: smfcpacfp
Last week I ordered and installed the Titan Drones Atlas Antenna system. My phantom 3 professional is now a straight beast!! Unreal is the only word for this company’s products. I’m more than happy and actually blown away it exceeds my expectations. Great customer service as-well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews