Tips/Ideas for creating a certain shot

Reaction score
I'm new to the PhantomPilots forum as i just got my DJI Phantom 3 Adanced and I have been toying around with it for a little while.

One of my friends is getting married soon and asked if i would be able to get some footage of the property where they are getting married. The place is called Celebration Farms in Iowa. My first thought it getting a sweeping side to side shot which of course is very easy to do. My second idea would be to do a gradual rise.lowering into the arches(going backwards and forwards down the aisle) which shouldnt be too difficult.

The shot i am having questions about would be around doing a rounded sweeping shot where it stays centered on one focal point. Hopefully i am explaining this right.

Does anyone have any tips for how to accomplish that? Lichti? Waypoints through the DJI Go App? I just want to be sure i have a steady shot

IMG_0747.JPG

I can tell you first hand that weddings can be tough with a drone. I get asked to do them often and I really try to get out of it if I can.

First you're too close to people if you're getting any real detail. Secondly you make way too much noise. I've done some and I have one scheduled again in 9 days but they are one of my least favorite jobs that we do.

Now we only shoot weddings that are in wide open fields with some really spectacular scenery or it's just not worth it.

Reactions: Farns514
I can tell you first hand that weddings can be tough with a drone. I get asked to do them often and I really try to get out of it if I can.

First you're too close to people if you're getting any real detail. Secondly you make way too much noise. I've done some and I have one scheduled again in 9 days but they are one of my least favorite jobs that we do.

Now we only shoot weddings that are in wide open fields with some really spectacular scenery or it's just not worth it.

Yeah i am kinda nervous about doing it since i am new to it but I figured I would just get some shots before anyone shots up with maybe the chairs being setup. The only time i would operate the drone, would be when people start to arrive so i can create sort of a time lapse of everyone filing in. I might even have my GoPro attached to a fixed point to do that for me. I think my buddy just wants an overview of the property/venue.

Just spend some time analyzing the risk/reward aspect of it. It's one thing to blow a nice shot and not get the picture you want but it's a whole other thing to have an incident and ruin a brides "special day".

Reactions: Farns514
Just spend some time analyzing the risk/reward aspect of it. It's one thing to blow a nice shot and not get the picture you want but it's a whole other thing to have an incident and ruin a brides "special day".

Very true!! I dont want to do that! I'll run everything past them before i make my decision

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl