Timestamp on images off by ~14hrs. Huh?

Reaction score
My files from my P4P are timestamped ~14 hrs earlier than they are being shot....what in the world would cause something like that? I have restarted the app, reinstalled the app, signed out and back in, formatted the card and am out of ideas.

My files from my P4P are timestamped ~14 hrs earlier than they are being shot....what in the world would cause something like that? I have restarted the app, reinstalled the app, signed out and back in, formatted the card and am out of ideas.
That's a strange one but I've seen several reports of it without a cure or explanation.
Most aren't affected but a few are.
Date/time should be coming from your GPS and should be accurate.

I noted that I face this problem when exchanging my Samsung Pro+ 64GB (no time problem) with the Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb card (The files show 5 hours difference )... really strange and no explanation. I format cards always in the P4P and not on the PC/MAC.

There are other threads about this problem that you can find with search.

You can work around it by formatting larger (64GB) cards as FAT32. Go4 will give you a warning saying "suggest format" but just ignore this and it will work.
Note to Windows users: the Windows GUI format utility (right clicking on the drive) will not let you choose FAT32 as a formatting option for a 64GB card. Instead, you'll either need to use the command line or a FAT32 utility like this one. Also, FAT32 limits file sizes to a maximum of 4GB.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Review this thread for more info on what causes the problem. Again, the workaround I posted above does work; that is what I am doing for now.

I still use exFat for card >= 32gb. Fat32 is not a good choice for P4 video streaming. Performance are better on exFat than on fat32, and there are also other technical implications (exFat permit files >4GB for example).
Anyway I confirm that Samsung Pro and Pro+ doesn't show the issue, Sandisk Extreme Pro has time f****d.
DJI will fix the problem for sure...(I hope).

There are other threads about this problem that you can find with search.

You can work around it by formatting larger (64GB) cards as FAT32. Go4 will give you a warning saying "suggest format" but just ignore this and it will work.
Note to Windows users: the Windows GUI format utility (right clicking on the drive) will not let you choose FAT32 as a formatting option for a 64GB card. Instead, you'll either need to use the command line or a FAT32 utility like this one. Also, FAT32 limits file sizes to a maximum of 4GB.
I can't get this or any fat32 utility to work..Fails when formatting

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic