Problems with N/A on ISO, Shutter, F, WB, ect. - on DJI Go 4

Reaction score
This thread is just to help any P4P (or other model) pilots who comes across N/A showing up in the DJI Go 4 app where you ISO, Shutter, F, WB, ect. parameters would be displayed.

So basically I was on a job yesterday, (ground and aerial pics/vids) and N/A popped up in the ISO, Shutter, F....display area. I shut down and rebooted everything and tried 2 different displays, but could not figure out the problem. I didn't have time to mess with it as I was shooting ground video as well. Fortunately it was very windy to shoot, so I don't look bad having to go back out - didn't bring a spare.

Today I called DJI, and they were worthless (well the second time I called at least), telling me to just send the drone in since it's under warranty...my first bad experience with DJI customer support after years of buying and flying their products. He said this was the first time he's heard of an issue like this....really? From the general consensus I'm pretty lucky this is my first issue with DJI. Maybe that's not totally fair as they were courteous, but I don't want so send one of my birds in if we could possibly fix the issue by troubleshooting. I run a business and need them daily.

Turns out there was a fix, but I believe I did it the hard way.

Not the right way (sort of) -
To start with I tried using DJI Assistant 2 to check updates - which could not pull up my current update and only gave me the option to restore to to original factory. I ended up doing that, but still had the same issue. So the first time I called DJI the guy got one thing right, I was using an older version of DJI Assistant 2, though I swore I had the current version. Once I downloaded the newer version I was able to see my current firmware. But that still wasn't the answer. I was unable to update back to the current version (kept getting a Update Failed - Upload Error Log after numerous attempts) and still had the N/A issue.

The fix -
Not trying to drag this out anymore so here's what worked for me. I finally figured out that it was two issues for me. I needed to actually fly the aircraft again to allow some type of log to be established - I'm still foggy as to why, but it let me update the aircraft after I flew it - but more importantly...it finally dawned on me the freaking memory card I was using was from my Inspire 2 (formatted), and once I formatted another card and put it in my P4P, the N/A errors were gone!

I believe the update problem was something I created - but it's important to make sure you absolutely have the latest DJI Assistant 2....and if you ever get N/A across ISO, Shutter, F, WB...just format your card. It will likely fix your problem. In the past I've always stayed clear from formatting cards, mainly due to advice from others. Not until recently have I ever formatted cards for my aircraft. I think I finally decided to based on other cameras I own which have had problems when cards were not formatted. Anyway, hopefully this can help someone if they have this issue.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yeah I would make that standard practice to do a clean card format right after you fire up your bird. Helps keep you organized with content on your card anyway. Thanks for the info though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1