Time Lapse / Hyper Lapse

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, does anyone have experience in time-lapse/hyperlapse, i wish for a longer flying time but unfortunately, I'm limited by Phantom 4 battery, any advice?

I wish I did..ive only done it a few times tonget a couple sunrises here. Havent finishes editing the video or id post it. But yes lack of flight time is a problem when your trying to get and hour of hyper lapse. I had to take my p3p up twoce to get.thenwhole sunrise so obviously it skipped a few minutes. But still cool anyway! Amd im not sure about the p4 but i know some guys are converting their batteries or building some kind of mounts to put two batteries on their drone. I think i heard of someone doing it with the p4s. Good luck depends what you trying to shoot but maybe you can use another camera and include that video with drone video. My galaxy s9plus does awesome hyperlapse. Either way goodluck

Hi PhoenixOne, i would love to watch your video once its edited. I did read up on some modification for the batteries, but it seem risky, i want to see if that are other alternatives for power.

I am a amateur for sure. But i will let ya know when its done. And i definitely understand wanting alternative options. Thats an expensive bird lol. Ive seem those tethered systems with literally an extension cprd attached to your drone ?‍♂️ i personally dont think thats for me unless it was cheap and it was a straight up and bacl down shot like a sunset or sunrise.

I do lots of them and set the time as high as it will go then come down go to same height and do another
then just add them all together' Works ok with like clouds but with sunrises /sunsets you have to get your timing just right when it's coming up or down.

Wow, Dirkclod, the sky is amazing! I can never get it here. Very Amazing work!

PhoenixOne: I just saw an ad below for a tethered Phantom, it’s very interesting.

Reactions: dirkclod
Jimsae thanks but as the tittle of that says I was trying to learn how to do them. Am lucky I have 5 batteries and set the time for one wide open like 30 seconds I think and though it might not make it that long it will still render the hyper but will just be shorter . Like 5sec -125 shots 10sec-250 and so on. Then I just put them all together . I like the water and sky together and have to catch the sky when we do have clouds like that . I save them then just put them all together
to make a video. I use the free option with the clouds and after I get like 125 shots I will quickly change directions and set the cruise . In that also I was trying some of the other options also.
I liked the last one the best I think of the moon rising . ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20