thoughts on DJI Care for Phantom 4

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on DJI Care for $299 on the Phantom 4
I have no past experience with dealing with DJI except for purchasing their products.
They say it even covers operator error.

Flight in unsuitable conditions not covered... this sounds like a get out clause to me... too much wind.. slight rain... etc location has too many trees... etc etc

Reactions: uberdunk
I've been pondering this...I haven't received my P4 as of Yet (**** you DJI) but I see you only have 48hrs after activation to pull the trigger on the DJI care. The $299 price tag sounds steep but if you ever crash this thing I can see $299 being spent on new parts pretty quick. Then again we are paying premium for obstical avoidance which should make crashing this thing a little less likely...and as mentioned above if you do crash how hard is DJI going to try to get out of covering your repairs.

I think I'm going to buy it and then see what happens, more than likely I'm never going to crash it and then I'll be kicking myself in a year when P5 is introduced and P4 is reduced in price to $299 or I crash this thing hard on flight number 2 and DJI gives me a new bird making me all happy again.

I was seriously considering this from DJI or another company but in another thread I read about State Farm covering drones. I visited my agent this week and confirmed that they have been covering drones under their "Personal Article" insurance. I returned with receipts for the Phantom as well as all its accessories (batteries,case,props,etc). The only thing they would not cover is the IPad. They specifically have a clause against IPads. $60 annual covering everything from flyaways, accidental damage, theft, fire etc. About an hour after I left their office I got an email and a phone call saying "You are safe to fly, your equipment is covered."

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Richard in ky
I was seriously considering this from DJI or another company but in another thread I read about State Farm covering drones. I visited my agent this week and confirmed that they have been covering drones under their "Personal Article" insurance. I returned with receipts for the Phantom as well as all its accessories (batteries,case,props,etc). The only thing they would not cover is the IPad. They specifically have a clause against IPads. $60 annual covering everything from flyaways, accidental damage, theft, fire etc. About an hour after I left their office I got an email and a phone call saying "You are safe to fly, your equipment is covered."

Can you provide a link for more info? I have state farm for auto and would be interested in adding drone protection as well

Here is the original thread. I use State Farm for all my insurance and when I approached my agent about this an eyebrow raised and I was told a little research had to be done. It was only about three minutes later that the answer was " I guess you are right. We do cover drones!"
You will need to scroll down all the responses on both pages to get the just...
Who are you using to insure your DJI?

I am wondering about the care. I have just had mine replaced by house insurance as I collided with a phantom 3 whist trying to active track it...never again!!! My house insurance paid for a replacement which is fabulous....but wondering about DJI care for future insurance.

I am wondering about the care. I have just had mine replaced by house insurance as I collided with a phantom 3 whist trying to active track it...never again!!! My house insurance paid for a replacement which is fabulous....but wondering about DJI care for future insurance.

this is why my insurance rates are so high... dumb stuff like this. good grief.

this is why my insurance rates are so high... dumb stuff like this. good grief.
that's odd..I was under the impression I paid a yearly amount for my insurance, not you, and I am likely to pay an increased amount as a result next year. I rarely claim, but I am under the impression I had the insurance to allow me to claim, and if the insures did not cover such claims they would not have paid out. Thanks for the smart arse comment.

Reactions: tbird68
I took out the DJI cover (which is £270 in the UK!!) purely because I am a freshman. It gives me some kind of peace of mind even if it turns out to be placebo.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

How long did it take for it to be replaced. Also was there much of an investigation ? Never claimed on insurance just wondered how easy and quickly it is delt with

How long did it take for it to be replaced. Also was there much of an investigation ? Never claimed on insurance just wondered how easy and quickly it is delt with
Hi, I am not sure if you are referring to my house insurance statement or asking about how long it would take with DJI? I have been given the impression that dji are not flushed with spares for the P4, when the P3 came out I had to wait ages before spare batteries came out, months. I reckon any repairs in the first few months will be slow. When I spoke to DJI helpline to try and order a new body shell for the P4 they told me none were available and my local DJI store were unable to order any also.

How long did it take house insurance wise
only a few days. They needed to check their policy as to whether it was covered by general policy or single high value policy, but they were very helpful. I will warn you that I found out that some companies count an insurance enquiry as a claim...which is unbelievable but true. I also found out that not all policies cover drone flying for third party insurance as a friend of mine was under the impression they did. I took out separate insurance for that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr