This is how you hand launch and catch your P4

Hi John,

Thanks for your advice and explanation. This hand catch thingy is worst case scenario, hence safety visor and long glove made available:) . I am even considering a butterfly net style catch if motor ESC wont burn:D

Likely scenario for the moving boat is, the drone will be landing on the top most sun deck of the boat , which is a 110 footer slow 7 knot live-on-board dive boat, if stopping the vessel is not possible and this will be 10% chance only. 90% chance the boat will anchor when drone take off and lands. The boat has many sail rigging lines though and the guard rails, in case of bad landing... would allow a drone to pass thru and fall overboard...LOL.

I am just brainstorming possibilities because many of you here has high hours experience and understand the Phantom algorithm well.

What I learnt so far for Phantom is : in high wind, landing my X shape Phantom 4 on a bouncy wooden plank pier is not as topple-free as my 3DR Solo H shape frame, given same condition landing into the wind.
But 3DR Solo IMU initialization does not allow any kind of instability, so no boat mode take-off possible, not even by hand launch...unless water super super calm.

Thanks again John, much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj