Thinking of returning My P3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Like the title says I'm considering returning the P3.
-The main problem I'm having is the controls: They just don't feel right. I'd like the right stick to control the camera and the left stick movement. The altitude could be set to the back buttons "C1-Descend" and "C2-Ascend". Now before you say just keep practicing and get used to them, NO. I've been playing playing video games since i was 3 with a controller and I'm not about learn a new way much like I'm not going to switch to keyboard and mouse for gaming.

As best I can figure I only have 3 options:
-I could buy a light bridge and connect to my Laptop and hope I could get a Xbox 360 controller with custom controls for flying.
-I could return the P3 for an inspire with dual controllers and then single handedly use the controls with my lefthand doing movement and my righthand doing camera, possibly cobbling the 2 controllers into a frankenstein single controller that suits my preferences.
-Someone could point me in the direction of a third party that has custom controller settings or a custom controller that has DJI lightbridge internals.

If anyone has any experience with these possibilities I'd love to hear from you, especially if your like me and hate the factory control setting and have figured out a different way.

Sounds like you should just return it. You're far too picky, and your 3 options suggested all seem pretty terrible in terms of real world viability.

Best of luck with whatever you do.

-The main problem I'm having is the controls: They just don't feel right. I'd like the right stick to control the camera and the left stick movement. The altitude could be set to the back buttons "C1-Descend" and "C2-Ascend". Now before you say just keep practicing and get used to them, NO. I've been playing playing video games since i was 3 with a controller and I'm not about learn a new way much like I'm not going to switch to keyboard and mouse for gaming.

-I could buy a light bridge and connect to my Laptop and hope I could get a Xbox 360 controller with custom controls for flying.
-I could return the P3 for an inspire with dual controllers and then single handedly use the controls with my lefthand doing movement and my righthand doing camera, possibly cobbling the 2 controllers into a frankenstein single controller that suits my preferences.
-Someone could point me in the direction of a third party that has custom controller settings or a custom controller that has DJI lightbridge internals.

If anyone has any experience with these possibilities I'd love to hear from you, especially if your like me and hate the factory control setting and have figured out a different way.
Yes, by all means, send it back, :confused: It is not for you.

Reactions: Raph and Jbundy63
Good luck if you go with the inspire option, sounds like it will put you in an even worse situation, i would sell up and get a new hobby i think - Adam

Although you can not assign aircraft movements to C-1 or C-2, you have the ability to re-assign movements to the stick you'd like. Just go into RC Settings, and Choose Stick mode choose Custom. You can then drag the movements to your desired stick. Drag and drop the behavior you wish to assign onto the stick you prefer.

The default is Mode 2 but there are other control modes available.
It's in the manual.
Have you looked at those?
He wants a customized controller. Why in the world would he bother to look in the manual?!

/sarcasm

Go with the Frankenstein idea. That makes the most sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantom13flyer
I agree, DJI should reevaluate the most well known set of controls for RC flight. They should have an ergonomic foot operated remote as an accessory at least....

-The main problem I'm having is the controls: They just don't feel right. I'd like the right stick to control the camera and the left stick movement.
How much camera controlling are you wanting to do?
All it has is up/down and for most video or stills you'd get an angle you are happy with and leave it, maybe changing only a few times per flight.
There really isn't that much camera controlling to do.

Seems like the right thing to do, return, or Frankenstein~Phantom it...

Although, it seems it's been done already...

image.jpg

Nice idea though... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Lmao!!! I could literally picture this dude flying around his P3 like its a video game. I can also see a whole new set of CSC complaints with this option lmao

If you use the Nintendo Wi controllers, you could do some rediculous acrobatics and 3D flying too. ;-)

Please share the video...

We sure like to kick a fellow pilot when he's down, hey boys?
Guy has a gripe, and we all dog pile... Shame shame...
It was funny for a minute.

RedHotPoker

My personal opinion is you should learn to fly with the controls as normal with mode two or just return it. You will lack the precise control you really need the way you're describing what you want. This is not truly a toy or a video game. It can get out of control and damage people or property if you don't or can't maintain the best control over the unit and that won't be had with the setup you're attempting to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl