thinking about an upgrade...thoughts ?

Reaction score
ive only had a handful of flights with my p3s, and already thinking and checking prices for an upgrade. my options so far are a p3a for about $850 cdn all taxes/fees included.and a p4 at $1150 cdn all taxes/fees included.
no plans to sell the p3s, and i have two batteries for it that would be used with the p3a for a total of three batts for whichever bird i wanted to fly if i went with the p3a. i have no need for 4k vid. the "indoor"sensors on the p3a arent a selling point either as i have no plans or place to fly indoors.
is the p4 worth the extra $$ for me, or would the p3a be more than enough for a beginner hobbyist ? ( absolutely no interest in a pocket drone...aka mavic)

ive only had a handful of flights with my p3s, and already thinking and checking prices for an upgrade. my options so far are a p3a for about $850 cdn all taxes/fees included.and a p4 at $1150 cdn all taxes/fees included.
no plans to sell the p3s, and i have two batteries for it that would be used with the p3a for a total of three batts for whichever bird i wanted to fly if i went with the p3a. i have no need for 4k vid. the "indoor"sensors on the p3a arent a selling point either as i have no plans or place to fly indoors.
is the p4 worth the extra $$ for me, or would the p3a be more than enough for a beginner hobbyist ? ( absolutely no interest in a pocket drone...aka mavic)
>> I just purchased a refurbished P4 from DJI which they claim they ALWAYS replace batteries motors etc and claim these are only ones returned under their 7 day policy. They carry full warranty and if true at $799 tax and shipping incmaybe good. I have not received yet so other than their comments I have not verified FYI Walter

So, to recap, you don't care about a better camera, flying indoors or portability.

So what, exactly, are you looking to upgrade? Knowing that would help us answer your question.

So, to recap, you don't care about a better camera, flying indoors or portability.

So what, exactly, are you looking to upgrade? Knowing that would help us answer your question.
satts, lightbridge maybe more options with the app,.... admittedly dont know if the app for p3a or p4 offers more than what i have with the p3s. not into modding at this point.

So you're only looking for increased range? My understanding is that that is the main different between the standard and advanced...

satts, lightbridge maybe more options with the app,.... admittedly dont know if the app for p3a or p4 offers more than what i have with the p3s. not into modding at this point.
Lightbridge is a huge upgrade.
The P3A uses the same app as the Std.
The P4 camera is the same as the P3A except for 4K video.
(yes .. there's a slight difference in the lens but not enough that anyone can tell)
If you don't intend selling the Std, it makes sense to have two birds using the same batteries rather than non-compatible systems.

So you're only looking for increased range? My understanding is that that is the main different between the standard and advanced...
^^ thats what im thinking, but not so much for the big difference in actual range difference between the p3s and the p3a, more for the better feed back to the view if that makes sense.

(yes .. there's a slight difference in the lens but not enough that anyone can tell)
If you don't intend selling the Std, it makes sense to have two birds using the same batteries rather than non-compatible systems.
thanks for the insightful response. the p3a does seem like the better choice for me, but still have one concern, the p3 series is supposedly getting axed, will there still be support/parts available ?

thanks for the insightful response. the p3a does seem like the better choice for me, but still have one concern, the p3 series is supposedly getting axed, will there still be support/parts available ?
It has already been discontinued bit you can still buy parts for the P1 and P2 series so parts and service shouldn't be an issue.
There's a very large number of these in circulaltion.

is the p4 worth the extra $$ for me, or would the p3a be more than enough for a beginner hobbyist ?
You can find a list of the new features/changes for the P4 here. That might help you determine if it's an upgrade that'll benefit you.

well, an upgrade was approved by the boss..aka wife, but due to an unfortunate and most likely uneducated decision by the canadian government today, me, and many others have had their wings clipped, their quads neutered etc etc. i cant believe i help pay the wages of the people who make these decisions.

Why not a Mavic? Offers the alternative of additional portability.
with the new " restrictions" here in the great white north......a long stick with a go pro duct taped to it.... pretty much will do what we are allowed .:eek:

My advice is master every aspect of your P3S then move on...don't be a beggar at the banquet [emoji120]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak