To Buy or Not to Buy?

Reaction score
Currently the owner of a P3 4K and really enjoying it (despite it's mediocre range). I'm considering buying a P3 Standard and modding it with an upgraded/extended range antenna kit. I'm thinking that I will continue to use my 4K during close-proximity filming (i.e. landscapes, sporting events, school events etc.). On the flipside, with the upgraded/extended range on the P3 Standard, I would use this primarily for long-range flights over lakes, rivers, conservation areas, etc. Although I would still be filming, it would be geared more towards "exploration" flights.

Have any of you done this? If so, what range extender kit(s) did you install on your P3S? With all of the kits available, I see no reason to buy a P3A when I can achieve long distance flights with a simple $75 - $100 upgrade.
Thoughts?

You can out distance a P3S with one of those "simple $75-$100 upgrades" with a P3A out of the box. Then mod that if you want range. The lightbridge tech is so far beyond a simple antenna mod, I think you'd be disappointed with an S.

yep go with p3a

Currently the owner of a P3 4K and really enjoying it (despite it's mediocre range). I'm considering buying a P3 Standard and modding it with an upgraded/extended range antenna kit. I'm thinking that I will continue to use my 4K during close-proximity filming (i.e. landscapes, sporting events, school events etc.). On the flipside, with the upgraded/extended range on the P3 Standard, I would use this primarily for long-range flights over lakes, rivers, conservation areas, etc. Although I would still be filming, it would be geared more towards "exploration" flights.

Have any of you done this? If so, what range extender kit(s) did you install on your P3S? With all of the kits available, I see no reason to buy a P3A when I can achieve long distance flights with a simple $75 - $100 upgrade.
Thoughts?
Here's my advice, and it's coming from a Standard owner. Get the P3A, why spend an extra $100. and the time and trouble (if something goes wrong with the install) then your only about $200. from the cost of the Advance. And that's at listed prices, sometimes you can find the P3A at discount making the cost difference only $100. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, getting the DBS for $109. But that's because I've got the P3S already and have no choice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik