Think they'll port the P4P features to the P4?

Reaction score
The P4P added a pair of rear sensors and a pair of side sensors. The camera/lens was changed.

Separately, there is a P4 form factor battery with a tiny bit more duration. Literally, it's very slightly larger and therefore holds slightly more change. Nothing else Changed.

The rest of the changes are all software based.

Any reason we shouldn't see all of the P4P features (except related to the two hardware changes) allowed to run on a P4?

Marketing wise, sure, hold off. Don't want people to notice it's $500 to get four sensors and a new camera.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

500 for new camera with over twice the image quality in pure bitrate, plus a codec which allows for better colours and dynamic range at those bitrates. It's worth it just for that.

I dont know what features you're referring to, and I dont know if anyone can answer. We dont know what processing power is needed for the new features.

But no, I don't think the intelligent flight modes will carry over.

From what I understand it's different inside. I asked DJI if they can just add an upgrade option for the p3/p4, but they said the processing power was different with the new camera. Is the p4p the same size as the the p4? I mean will the carbon fiber gimbal guard fit the p4p too?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20