P4 and P4P question

Reaction score
I started with a Phantom 4 but am now having to use a Phantom 4 Pro due to the upgraded camera being required for some shots. I bought the P4P used and have noticed that the camera has a yaw issue where the camera is always pointing a few degrees to the left. I've read the discussions about replacing the yaw motor and watched some of @Droneted 's videos and while it doesn't seem super complicated doing the repair, I'd rather not attempt it.

My question is this: Since the gimbal on my P4 doesn't seem to have this issue, can the gimbal/camera setup be placed on the P4P and then switch the cameras out? Are the two gimbals interchangeable?

Seems like it would be easier to do this and then send the old gimbal out to be repaired correctly.

Thoughts?

Have you done the simpler things like a gimbal calibration and manually correcting the yaw of the gimbal in software to see if it fixes the problem?

Unfortunately the gimbals are not interchangeable because everything is connected by one ribbon cable and the systems are different so you would have to repair the one you have.

Gimbal calibration may not solve the yaw angle issue. The P4P does have the ability to make minor yaw adjustments via the app. It is a bit tricky to fine tune, but doable.

I started with a Phantom 4 but am now having to use a Phantom 4 Pro due to the upgraded camera being required for some shots. I bought the P4P used and have noticed that the camera has a yaw issue where the camera is always pointing a few degrees to the left. I've read the discussions about replacing the yaw motor and watched some of @Droneted 's videos and while it doesn't seem super complicated doing the repair, I'd rather not attempt it.

My question is this: Since the gimbal on my P4 doesn't seem to have this issue, can the gimbal/camera setup be placed on the P4P and then switch the cameras out? Are the two gimbals interchangeable?

Seems like it would be easier to do this and then send the old gimbal out to be repaired correctly.

Thoughts?
Try using the DJI ASSIST app to calibrate the gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1