Think I damaged my controller :(

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was hoping to plumb the depths of your considerable experience.

I have made over 500 flights over the last 18 months with my P3A problem free until last week when i managed to break the controller antennae mount whilst putting it away. That night i opened up the controller, removed the ribbon cable between the main board and the usb input module (forgive the laymans terms) rebuilt the aerial mount and put it back together.

Now the controller connects to the drone fine and I can fly manually. My phone automatically brings up litchi when i plug it into the controller. But both litchi and DJI go both say 'disconnected' and act as if the drone isnt there. I dont think this is related to the aerial breaking as i had a short test flight in the garden after the aerial broke to look at the effects of some filters and it was working fine then
So far I ve tried;
1) Google - cant fine quite the same problem
2)reinstalling litchi and dji go- no effect
3) re-opening up the controller (twice) to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be and that the ribbon cable is in correctly.
4) New usb cable - No effect

I dont really know where to look next so I was hoping someone more in the know than me could give me a pointer as to what to investigate next.

Thanks guys and congrats on a simply fantastic forum

i opened up the controller, removed the ribbon cable between the main board and the usb input module
My guess with no pictures is that you either damaged the ribbon cable or it is not fully seated. When others have posted here with similar issues, they have noted that you need to make sure the white line on the ribbon is parallel with the connector and that the plastic lock should go up and down without much effort. If it were mine, I would start with checking the ribbon cable.

My guess with no pictures is that you either damaged the ribbon cable or it is not fully seated. When others have posted here with similar issues, they have noted that you need to make sure the white line on the ribbon is parallel with the connector and that the plastic lock should go up and down without much effort. If it were mine, I would start with checking the ribbon cable.

I ll have another check and let you know how i get on

Also, try "re-linking" the controller. Could be a simple fix.

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl