Things we tell our wives...

All I've gotta say is the only difference between the P3S and the P3P is the gold decal. She never noticed. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Nice work, I upgraded from a P3S to a P4 and same deal except for:
Her 'how come there are two things sticking out of the control thing, sure it only had one last time I looked'.
Me ' I bought a cheap second hand controller as an easy way of improving my distance'

When I turned 50 my wife said that I would buy toys or chase young women. She's happy for me to buy the toys! My P4 is actually my fourth drone purchase.

I guess I'm very afortunated as if I like something and don't buy it soon I'll have a surprise present from her so I get them my self. She love to see me playing with toys. Pretty sure she sees it as a way to keep me away from other girls, won't even bring her hot friends home any more ;-(

Reactions: Pharm
Sorry honey, I didn't know it was going to be outlawed in Canada when I bought it. [emoji848]

How ironic was the timing. I picked my wife's P4 up at the Post Office this week, it came from Best Buy. I brought it home about mid-morning, opened the package, took off all of the plastic, attached the props and put in one of my fully charged batteries. Was not sure if I could fire it up on the ipad I fly with, but I was able to. Hovered it in the house to satisfy me that at least it appeared to be working okay. Went on my computer and saw the story on the CBC site that Garneau was going to be bringing in restrictions on drones that afternoon. Sigh. She never had a chance to fly it "non-restricted". We drove over 20 mins each way yesterday to get somewhere we could fly. At least we are in a fairly rural area and not somewhere like Toronto, or even Halifax where it would take much longer to get where you can "legally" fly.

Kbviper....sorry that you can't fly freely. Hang in there and enjoy your time when you can get out.

Reactions: kbviper
Thanks Craig. I am fortunate to be in Canada's smallest province, Prince Edward Island. I can fly in about 90% of the province as long as I stay away from people and animals.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
How ironic was the timing. I picked my wife's P4 up at the Post Office this week, it came from Best Buy. I brought it home about mid-morning, opened the package, took off all of the plastic, attached the props and put in one of my fully charged batteries. Was not sure if I could fire it up on the ipad I fly with, but I was able to. Hovered it in the house to satisfy me that at least it appeared to be working okay. Went on my computer and saw the story on the CBC site that Garneau was going to be bringing in restrictions on drones that afternoon. Sigh. She never had a chance to fly it "non-restricted". We drove over 20 mins each way yesterday to get somewhere we could fly. At least we are in a fairly rural area and not somewhere like Toronto, or even Halifax where it would take much longer to get where you can "legally" fly.

I have to drive an hour away cause all of the lower mainland is restricted. Ive flown mine 3 times lol

My excuse, we arent buying Christmas presents this yr an its on sale!
Wife: ok you've wanted one forever

Reactions: K9VXV
As an update, my wife has really taken to flying the P4 and is getting much better with it. It just takes "stick time"to get used to the controls. It is a lot of fun to have both up at once and we usually keep well away from each other unless we are getting close for an air to air photo. Only one close call early on when she got mixed up when the drone was coming towards her and ended up hovering between two wires until we could just move it forward. It was a nice day yesterday and we were out flying in a couple of locations. We usually stand fairly close to each other when flying and never noticed any interference - both P4s. Here is a screen capture taken from my video.
Warren Grove Still.jpg

I need the FPV goggles to take my experience to the next level.
I won't be gone long, and I'll do the lawns when I get back, I promise.
I'll look after the place whilst you are visiting your mum, I'll be lonely but I'll cope.
We need to go the beach as it looks like you need a swim, and I may as well bring the drone, probably nothing to look at, but you never know.
The new hard case is to protect our investment, surely you don't want to see it damaged.
Off to the hairdressers, do you mind if I grab a new set of filters since we are driving past the drone shop?

I have said these. I also use the following:

"You should see if your friend xxx wants to do something with you on Saturday."
"Do you need me to stop and get you anything on the way home" (this gets me time to put the bird up)

Reactions: tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan