Things we tell our wives...

Me:
Mind if I get a drone? I think it will be cool to take video at the lake this summer, the kids will love it...

Her:
Sure, if you really want it.

Me:
*waits an hour, goes out and gets drone that's been in the back of the truck for a day and a half...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I used to do this with $1000 Fender Stratocasters.

I am the wifey. I however own the tools in our house, have all the tech and fly a drone. When it comes to new toys I am very good at justifying a need. Of I cannot justify it to myself I don't bother as i certainly won't justify it to him lol.

I am on the lookout to upgrade from a p3s to a p3p and the latter may accidentally have the red sticker set applied...

I am the wifey. I however own the tools in our house, have all the tech and fly a drone. When it comes to new toys I am very good at justifying a need. Of I cannot justify it to myself I don't bother as i certainly won't justify it to him lol.

I am on the lookout to upgrade from a p3s to a p3p and the latter may accidentally have the red sticker set applied...
That's what I did. Took the go,d stickers and tossed them in the trash. Put on the red stickers. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

That's what I did. Took the go,d stickers and tossed them in the trash. Put on the red stickers. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Thing is he will notice the controller being different he already spotted the tablet mount!

At the end of the day i like drones he likes beer!

I justify by buying cheap broken ones.
P2 v2, P3S, P3A, P4P and P4P+.
Working on the last one now, the others are all flying.
All bought bare birds, picked up used parts where possible.
Small purchases are easy to justify, a wall of helicopters and a closet of Drones is a little hard to live with.
If a P5 comes available, 48 years of marriage may end with a bang.
I have a son and grandson who fly, that helped reduce the fleet.
A friend who helps with repairs, I gifted the P3S to him.
Without him none of these birds would be in the air.

Of course without me he would still be flying fixed wing gas.

When I told my wife I was buying a Mavic I gave up.

Arguing with her is a lot like trying to read the Terms of Use on the internet. In the end you just give up and go “I Agree”, and its part of the reason I haven’t spoken much to my wife in years. She hates to be interrupted.“

There's no pleasing her. She told me to go and get something that would make her look sexy. So I got drunk.

I'm joking, of course, but I hope I raised a smile.

I thought ahead, last week I persuaded her to buy a dress which was a tad expensive - left it for a day THEN told her about the Mavic. She couldn't say no, could she?

Last edited:
Reactions: jwmcgrath
Hi is a foolproof 100% one time plan to get a drone and make yourself a hero,

1. Go to the drone store and order your drone, paying cash
2. Get the sales person behind the counter to call your home
3. either leave a message or talk to your wife.informing her that you had entered a contest, the first prize in the contest is a brand new drone and your husband was the first place winner; please have him come down to the store and pick up his new drone

Works perfectly, one time, don't push it.

Wife: "Did you get me the flowers?"

Husband: "Umm... well I got myself another drone!"

Wife: "What are you going to do with that?"

Husband: "Spy on the neighbours. You always said you wanted the Spyware updated."

Wife: "Well when are you going to spend time with me and your family?"

Husband: "Just one flight! There is a beautiful sunset outside I need to film!"

Wife: "Need or want?"

Husband: "...[moment of silence]..."

Husband: "Do you need me or want me?"

Wife: "...I'll start packing."

Husband: "Bye! Where you heading?"

Wife: ".........."

I have a P4 and want a P4P, honestly, I do not know what to say to my wife.
Say it's on clearance and that the P4 went up in value so you can sell the P4 and get the pro, or even the plus! [emoji1] And it you want to keep you old p4 just hide it in that secret underground man cave that she dosen't know about! [emoji23] [emoji23]

What's in the box?

A battery and propellers.

I neglected to tell her the battery and propellers were attached to a Mavic Pro...oops!

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
My wife:
Is that a different drone?

Me:
Different? Different how?

Wife:
Looks different.

Me:
Different from what? They all look like this!

Wife:
Are you sure?

Me:
Honey, what kind of truck do I drive?

Wife:
Ummm...A white one...?

Me:
Case closed.

My wife:
Is that a different drone?

Me:
Different? Different how?

Wife:
Looks different.

Me:
Different from what? They all look like this!

Wife:
Are you sure?

Me:
Honey, what kind of truck do I drive?

Wife:
Ummm...A white one...?

Me:
Case closed.
This is why innovation at DJI is bad. They all need to look identical if they want married guys to keep buying them!

Reactions: Shoot4fun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen