Things DJI should consider...

Reaction score
Just watched some video of the Chroma done. Very nice... a lot like the Q500. Personally I think the Pilot/Go app are great. I also like that a person can use any display device with their controller. Much better option I think. However, I think there are a few areas where DJI could improve the P3.

It should have removable landing gear. Those antenna need to be moved so that this can happen.

The camera gimbal should be easy to swap out. Replaceable camera ribbon.

Replaceable parts and easy to obtain parts. Every crashes. Why have to waive 2 months and pay someone to make a minor repair.

Something DJI should add to the P3 now is the ability to easily change the rotation and flight speed of the P3 right from the flying screen of the app or allow the buttons on the back of the controller to be locked to these settings. Sometimes I find that I want to get that slow pan with the camera. Yes, I can move the stick ever so slightly but it would be nice to go from speed, to slow pan with the press of a button. This should not be the difficult to do.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
The reason why P3 gets such amazing range is because the antennas are as far away from interference as possible, on the landing gear.

With HDMI expansion board, you can use whatever viewing device you want. You can even use your laptop or 40" TV.

There's been DJI prototypes of removable camera that you could put on a handheld gimbal. They are either working on it, or run into some problems.

Camera is removable on the inspire. I wonder why they don't want it to be removable on P3... This might be a business decision... Make Inspire camera upgradable... but if you want a better camera on your P3, you just have to spend another grand on P4.

From the looks of it, the easy teardown/travel of Chroma looks awesome. This really appeals to me.

Lastly, there are already businesses that service Phantoms for a fee and very quick turnaround time. I just saw one. You pay a flat $100 for labor, and they charge you for whatever parts they need to use. A few days of waiting, and you are flying again.

There is almost no reason to NEED to send in a P3 for repair unless it a free repair. Nothing is that hard to fix!

The camera and gimble actually is very easy to remove.

There is almost no reason to NEED to send in a P3 for repair unless it a free repair. Nothing is that hard to fix!

ESC burns out?

I'm guessing that DJI kept the cost on the P3 very low by putting everything on one board but this also makes it very expensive and difficult to repair.

On the Chroma anyone can easily repair an ESC for a very low cost. This is true of almost all of it's parts. Again, I get it... DJI offers a lot more hardware for a lot less and this is the trade off.

ESC burns out?

I'm guessing that DJI kept the cost on the P3 very low by putting everything on one board but this also makes it very expensive and difficult to repair.

On the Chroma anyone can easily repair an ESC for a very low cost. This is true of almost all of it's parts. Again, I get it... DJI offers a lot more hardware for a lot less and this is the trade off.
The speed control is VERY easy to replace... buy buying the entire board. If you send it in, you will pay for the board and about $130 in labor.

The speed control is VERY easy to replace... buy buying the entire board. If you send it in, you will pay for the board and about $130 in labor.

Ease? What about cost? What is the cost of the board in order to replace a $30 ESC? We are already at $130 for a DIY $30 ESC.

Link to the repair place please...never hurts to have. I was given my P3P, very crashed. Called DJI before fixing it myself. They wanted $60 per hour labor plus parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl