Thermal Cam FLIR ONE

I just got my Flir One and it's awesome. Now my issue is I need a way to mount my phone too the drone so that I can film with the flir. Any suggestions. I purchased a carbon fiber gimbal guard to hold my flir and a 360 camera but can't think of a good way for it to carry my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a power engineer and acquired a flir c2 for my firm. extremely valuable. Unfortunately it wont do video, so the c1 is a better drone tool.

I'm a power engineer and acquired a flir c2 for my firm. extremely valuable. Unfortunately it wont do video, so the c1 is a better drone tool.

I would like to have a better Flir but I can't justify spending 5 grand for something I might only use a few times.

It does marvellous things. it takes both a ir and normal picture at once so you can identify what youre looking at. but no...no movies. that device paid for itself in days.

Wouldn't mind the upgrade but I need to figure out how to stream live from my flir 1 to a computer or tablet

Have u tried this with flying yet? Any luck with screen mirroring without usb?

sorry for the late answer. I was offline for some days. Yes, it worked fine but screen mirroring was not (and never) via USB. It was done via teamviewer with mobil data activated in my S5 phone. I will hardproof this configuration as soon as possible in a reallife scenario field test. A friend of mine is a hunter and they are supporting local farmers to detect deer-babys hiding in the fields. (Before they cut the gras, to aviod the young deers get killed by mistake.).
So we will flight over the fields and have look for deers [emoji1]

Oh, by the way; for those looking for a thermal cam; seek has now released the "seek pro" which looks very promising. However, it has not a dual camera, just a thermal.

p.s: please excuse my bad english.

Reactions: BHRC4556
Hi new to this but been doing a bit of reaserch. I want to attach Flir one to phantom 4 with fpv is it possible to just attach it link it up to the black pearl light bridge and it will appear on screen. sorry just seems to simple to me and wanted to see if anyone else had tried before a waste a load of money

I wonder if you could just mirror the screen from the Samsung phone/tablet and have a phone/tablet on the ground so you can see. I know some people have done something similar with other apps. This could be a cheaper solution than spending 2000-5000 to get one mounted to your phantom.

Use Samsung Sidesync to mirror phone screen to another screen (Laptop).

surely a transimiter a sky link antaner attached to output then reciver conecter to screen will do the trick

I'm using a FlirOne unit with an old iPhone 5, sending data to the ground via Manything's FlirOne app. I can live stream and save the data as well. Works pretty well for a poor man's search and rescue unit.

Reactions: Stacyboy
sorry for the late answer. I was offline for some days. Yes, it worked fine but screen mirroring was not (and never) via USB. It was done via teamviewer with mobil data activated in my S5 phone. I will hardproof this configuration as soon as possible in a reallife scenario field test. A friend of mine is a hunter and they are supporting local farmers to detect deer-babys hiding in the fields. (Before they cut the gras, to aviod the young deers get killed by mistake.).
So we will flight over the fields and have look for deers [emoji1]

Oh, by the way; for those looking for a thermal cam; seek has now released the "seek pro" which looks very promising. However, it has not a dual camera, just a thermal.

p.s: please excuse my bad english.

That's basically what I'm trying to accomplish. Going to start by mounting my Seek Thermal camera to my P4P. Was planning to go with the FLIR Duo but not sure after watching the review. I hit a fawn a few years ago with a mower, never knew it until the next day. Tall grass and they don't move.

I have mounts for the flir one and will work for other flir devices in a similar orientation Phantom 3 & 4 DJI Phantom 3 & 4 FLIR One Mount - 3D Printed Drone Mods
Phantom_Flir_One_Mount.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4