"The user is not enabled for live streaming"

Reaction score
I keep getting this notification, no matter how many youtube "how to" videos I watch and research I do. The basics:

- I have a tube account and have created a channel
- Youtube sent me a verification code that I entered
- Google said it'd take 24 hours to activate; I waited 24 hours

Still, I fire up the P4P, controller, and ipad mini (cellular) and select youtube as destination for live upload; my youtube account appears on the controller screen... only to get the "Not enabled" message when I touch the "Go live" on the controller screen.

Do I need to do something else on a P4P controller menu? With my youtube account? With my youtube channel?

Cannot find info on many web searches.

PS: live upload to Facebook worked FL Worsley the first time.

Reactions: Ripper7620
He's talking about post #6 in the link 'YouTube live streaming'

Reactions: Tenisyn
The link I was referring to is in Bobaloo6's quote (in #3 and #4) of post #2 but not the original post #2!

How could that happen? Lol

YouTube live streaming is finicky I have actually found to actually start the stream once you hit start live stream you have to tap on "stop livestream" for it to actually start it's weird I think DJI definitely messed up it should say something else. But as you where I was having trouble trying to start the actual live stream so I was just going to give up and hit stop live stream and it actually started then to actually end your livestream you just tap. "End liveatream"

Reactions: dreweydrew
I keep getting this notification, no matter how many youtube "how to" videos I watch and research I do. The basics:

Still, I fire up the P4P, controller, and ipad mini (cellular) and select youtube as destination for live upload; my youtube account appears on the controller screen... only to get the "Not enabled" message when I touch the "Go live" on the controller screen.

Do I need to do something else on a P4P controller menu? With my youtube account? With my youtube channel?

Hi. Did you see our Forum post this week - " Stream live using the DJI app to 'VerHub'. Amazing. ". Give it a go. I think you will be impressed

YouTube live streaming is finicky I have actually found to actually start the stream once you hit start live stream you have to tap on "stop livestream" for it to actually start it's weird I think DJI definitely messed up it should say something else. But as you where I was having trouble trying to start the actual live stream so I was just going to give up and hit stop live stream and it actually started then to actually end your livestream you just tap. "End liveatream"
Hi. Did you see our Forum post this week - " Stream live using the DJI app to 'VerHub'. Amazing. ". Give it a go. I think you will be impressed

Have you guys found a sollution to this matter ?
I haven't streamed live on Youtube since late January. Today I've noticed I have too this issue (or a similar one) using my P3P & DJI Go. It says:
Start Streaming Failed
(The user is blocked from live streaming)
OK

I went on my Youtube account. Found no copyright/community guidelines strikes that might block me.

Attachments

• Youtube Account Status.jpg
    Youtube Account Status.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 436
My understanding is that YT recently reinstated the 1000 subscriber requirement to live stream from a mobile device, but you can still stream from software like OBS. I am guessing that YT sees the DJI app as a mobile device vs computer based. Facebook is also changing from RTMP to RTMPS which is rendering my $1k Teradek device useless, which is to say the least annoying. I have not tried it yet, but if you go to YT and choose the live stream section and grab your Stream address and key and use the custom RTMP option in the DJI app, that *might* work, but I haven't tried it yet. I believe YT lets you choose a static key so you don't always have to set it up before you go live.

Reactions: Quest-So
Yes, this is what I have read too, Google has blocked mobile (not desktop) streaming unless your account has at least 1000 subscribers. From the ipad I’m using to run DJI Go I’ve tryed to stream right from the YT account and the system replied this (see the attached pic)

LE: the RTMP option for YT is valid, using the static key of the account. All ok it streams well.

Attachments

• 24DE6F06-4397-471F-94FE-8425E59CF87F.png
    24DE6F06-4397-471F-94FE-8425E59CF87F.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member