The Truth About The Part 107 Written Test...

You are flying under Part 107 of the FARs whenever you are not flying recreationally. Part 107 refers to commercial operations. If you have a Remote Pilot certificate from the FAA, that allows you to fly under Part 107.

To get authorization to fly at a Class B, C, D, or surface-area E airport, you must make an application for an Airspace Authorization. This is normally done using the FAA's internet portal, but the new LAANC system is slowly starting to come to live and there are a couple of third-party providers that are providing access to that.
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to LAANC being deployed in Dallas- Ft. Worth. I inspect real estate and a drone is the perfect tool for inaccessible roofs. The current method of applying for and obtaining air space authorization is impractical for my business, since I have two to three days to respond and complete an inspection. Also, I never know where a customer's request will take me in the DFW area. The real estate inspection business needs a timely (not 90 days but 90 minutes) approval process. Hopefully, LAANC will provide that option. Once again, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4