The SRP ND16/CP. In a word.... Nice.

Reaction score
Did some testing today with the SRP ND16/CP. Was a little apprehensive as to wether it would be to dark. To my delight it kept the shutter speed at the 50-120 mark at 24fps.... IN FULL SUN. Nice! I really like it as I couldn't have done this with the ND8 alone. I love pleasant surprises.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yeah, ND16 is definitely the way to go in really bright sunshine. Allows for a lot more aggressive colour correction without crushing shadows or blowing out the highlights. Plus you can get your shutter speed down where it belongs. I'm using 2xND8 gels, and I'm really pleased with the results.
Nice work, BTW. Some really good shots there.

Gorgeous

this makes me happy to see. I ordered the 8 and 16 CP. Should be here early next week

Did some testing today with the SRP ND16/CP. Was a little apprehensive as to wether it would be to dark. To my delight it kept the shutter speed at the 50-120 mark at 24fps.... IN FULL SUN. Nice! I really like it as I couldn't have done this with the ND8 alone. I love pleasant surprises.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are you counter balancing the camera at all?

I still see some of the shimmering(moire). I'm guessing it is just a camera limitation and will have to live with it. Trying to find a fix in post but can't seem to find anything that works so far.

I still see some of the shimmering(moire). I'm guessing it is just a camera limitation and will have to live with it. Trying to find a fix in post but can't seem to find anything that works so far.
You're right. While the P3 camera is impressive I've learned that it's moire and aliasing is utterly atrocious. The answer for me is in the custom settings. Sharpness (IMHO) is no good on anything -1 or above. I shoot with it at -2 but as you've noticed even bringing sharpness up in post seems to awaken the moire in the footage. LOG profile, -3 Contrast and -2 Saturation helps and keeps as much dynamic range as possible for post grading and color correction.

Reactions: woobisah
Are you counter balancing the camera at all?
No counter balancing. Gimbal motors show zero signs (visibly or audibly) of stress, hibernation or strain. It's just 7g's. Flying and maneuvering WITH added wind puts a lot more stress on the gimbal than 7 grams.... IMHO

this makes me happy to see. I ordered the 8 and 16 CP. Should be here early next week
I think you'll be pleased. The glass quality is incredible. While taking apart and cleaning mine i noticed that SRP even blacken the edge of the glass. This keeps the light transmission true to what each filter is design to do. I've been a fan of SRP since I purchased their BlurFIx line of filters for the GoPro Hero 3/4 and my P2 set up.

Yeah, ND16 is definitely the way to go in really bright sunshine. Allows for a lot more aggressive colour correction without crushing shadows or blowing out the highlights. Plus you can get your shutter speed down where it belongs. I'm using 2xND8 gels, and I'm really pleased with the results.
Nice work, BTW. Some really good shots there.
Thanks for the kind comment. Yeah this was a blast to grade in post. You don't know what you don't know and I learned a lot today shooting with the ND16/CP. Didn't know the P3 footage could look so natural and organic. Really made a difference.

I cant decide which to buy the ND 16/CP or the ND8/CP I only have the budget for one so which should it be

I happen to test ND16 today, compared it to ND8. The ND16 seens perfect for typical California sunny days, slightly better saturation because it slows down the shutter speed. Pans seem smoother than when using my ND8.

I just purchased a 6pc set from polar pro for my go-pro. Im shooting on a phantom 2 but its the filter that really matters

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic