The Shakes

Reaction score
Hi guys. My standard has the shakes. Never crashed hard and replaced the blades to see if it would settle out. Nope. Worried about balancing and the need for an additional purchase. Anything else I can check?

Check for stress cracks around the motor mounts. If not, start replacing the props one at a time to see if there is any particular one that is badly out of balance. If no luck with that, you will need to check the props on a balancer. If you could post a short video of the issue that would help.

Thanks Dawg. Switched out all four last night. I'll do a one by one later. Thought about cracks after reading one of your earlier posts. None that I can see. Video forthcoming. Bird coming up on two months old. Lots of miles.

Reactions: eeire54
Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to have prop guards on would you? I have a specific reason for asking.

Getting out of my retirement clothes (shorts and slippers) and run some of these checks.

No guards, then the other possibility is ruled out.

OK. In better lighting I DID find a crack but your suggestion of doing the blade replacement one by one seemed to have solved my shakes. THANK YOU. It was starting to affect my videos it had gotten so bad.

Time for those 'end caps' to stop the stress cracks?

Attachments

• 20180115_110645.jpg
    20180115_110645.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 270
Bad blades will rapidly accelerate the crack problems / issues...and the tiny bearings will take a beating too,,side to side Not round and round ! and remember when you tighten a prop.. "snug then".... slightly a bit more !

Reactions: JazzAir

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews