The Phantom 4 P max range

Reaction score
After thinking on the advertised max range I feel we may be looking at what DJI is saying the wrong way. When they state a P4P has a range of 4.3 miles that means it can fly 2.15 miles one way & 2.15 milers back home. If I'm asked what is the max range of a Aircraft & I say 1000 miles , this does not mean 1000 miles out & 1000 miles back. Just something to think on.

When they state a P4P has a range of 4.3 miles that means it can fly 2.15 miles one way & 2.15 milers back home.
They actually mean 4.3 miles one way. That is of course under the best possible weather conditions with no interference in the flying area.

With a out of the box P4P flying at or below 400 feet I don't buy it , if so then my 3 drones are lemons. I'm not flying over water but even at the 400 feet altitude flying through a few thin trees then over water I start loosing video at 1 mile. The FPV antenna & booster did wonders .

I also thought they meant 4.3 miles straight out . Has anyone ever questioned DJI on that ??
I spent $900 on my P4 & also on my P4P to get 23,000 feet & not at 400 feet AGL .

I'm here to learn . I see in the first test it was at 55 to 60 mph . Will I get better range in Sport mode? The second test had 65% power remaining . Did it make it back ok ?? A tail wind will get you out there fast , but coming home it will kill you. In this location it's perfect for testing. You can't make it drive down & pick up the drone.

I just came in from a flight AGL was 169 feet and hit RTH at 20500 feet, some trees and buildings in the way. stock antennas 5.8ghtz and custom channel 30% batt. upon return. that is close to advertised distance. for a p4p.

How are you guys in the United States maintaining visual line of sight of your aircraft at these distances?

Drone police reporting for duty!!

Next post will tell you how bad a person you are followed by how can you be so ignorant of the law.

Watch, it's coming !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31