The P3 and Solo Side By Side Flight Comparison Sold Me :)

Reaction score
Screenshot_2015-06-19-20-00-46.png

Reactions: Jbundy63
You're in for it now :)

Reactions: Morphious
Congratulation on your new P3! :)

Good guck dealing with DJI and the bad customer support. Be Careful with the Firmware updates. If it works fine, don’t upgrade it. I did and it messed up the VPS on my phantom. DJI says I have to send it in to fix the issue. They made the bad firmware so I think they should send me a temp P3P. They are just so bad at CS and now Im wishing I went with the 3D robotics Solo.
Get off your butt DJI and learn to treat customers right.

To me, from the video, the P3 is more responsive and the camera is better than the fish eye gopro.

That sold me....

Thats Ryan that lives here in my town.

I did not remember him talking about Fish eye though.

For what its worth I am pretty sure he is selling the P3 if the Solo continues to fly.

Was good to see them side by side. He did a good job.

Its a pretty good video. The Solo is pretty good too! In fact, they're pretty similar except the Solo has more software features, and the Solo has also less range on stock antennas.

That said...
1259 USD, better camera, available now...
vs
1800 USD, lesser camera (GP4black), gimbal not yet available...

that's kind of making it a really easy choice... unless 3DR replaces all crashes - but I highly doubt they will, that's not sustainable. They'll do it for the first few "weird crashes" on rcgroups or when its blatantly 3DR's fault (just like DJI does)

Thats Ryan that lives here in my town.

I did not remember him talking about Fish eye though.

For what its worth I am pretty sure he is selling the P3 if the Solo continues to fly.

Was good to see them side by side. He did a good job.

What wasn't mention is the solo has speed control which probably wasn't turned up all the way. As far as fisheye on the GoPro the lens on that camera can be changed plus the fact it has far more features than the P3 Pro and the fact that GoPro isn't just an aerial camera.

Its a pretty good video. The Solo is pretty good too! In fact, they're pretty similar except the Solo has more software features, and the Solo has also less range on stock antennas.

That said...
1259 USD, better camera, available now...
vs
1800 USD, lesser camera (GP4black), gimbal not yet available...

that's kind of making it a really easy choice... unless 3DR replaces all crashes - but I highly doubt they will, that's not sustainable. They'll do it for the first few "weird crashes" on rcgroups or when its blatantly 3DR's fault (just like DJI does)

When aftermarket APPS become available the gap will close on software capability. I understand that two different APPS are in beta for P3 now.

To each their own, but I hate fisheye. I returned my p2v+ because there was too much distortion even in narrow.

My understanding with the GoPro is you can't film in 4K or UHD without the fisheye.

I love the looks of the solo, but not enough to give up a nearly flat lens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav