The eclipse

Just out of curiosity, how long did you shut everything down for ( Including the RC and app) before installing the fresh battery? If you did not shut down the RC and app, that could possibly have been an issue. Just guessing.
Shut down everything for at least an hour, then replaced battery, before launching.

Certainly a good lesson on not to just leave a drone to its own devices while you set up another camera.

VLOS means more than just being able to see a drone, it's also about having the ability to take control if it in the event of mishap. You did well in this case to spot it and retake control.
Original plan was for my DSLR to be set for interval timing and me with the controller in hand. but it refused to allow me to do so.(Later discovered that my sd card was too big!) Drone was out front and about 100' high, with in vision and hearing at all times. Controller was setting on my tailgate, when I had to adjust my camera. That is when I noticed visually and by sound that it was moving away. You are correct one must have the ability to take control to prevent a mishap! Thankfully I kept my cool and got it back. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: upthedowns

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1