The Descent

"Chrismatthewssr, Uncle Stumpy, butlerc, rodgerbwg, Phil DeVore, HÄGAR13, Ronnie L. McGhee, Dounin Front, flyboy73"

Saturdays are my drone days and I just got home. Sorry for answering late. Thank you very much for these nice comments and I’m so glad you like it.

Uncle Stumpy
Yes

Phil DeVore
P4P plus

Dounin Front
The aircraft was always in VLOS. I was very gentle to the controller. Of course, patience and luck!

"Chrismatthewssr, Uncle Stumpy, butlerc, rodgerbwg, Phil DeVore, HÄGAR13, Ronnie L. McGhee, Dounin Front, flyboy73"

Saturdays are my drone days and I just got home. Sorry for answering late. Thank you very much for these nice comments and I’m so glad you like it.

Uncle Stumpy
Yes

Phil DeVore
P4P plus

Dounin Front
The aircraft was always in VLOS. I was very gentle to the controller. Of course, patience and luck!

Absolutely no problem complimenting something well done. I have a freight train video I am proud of but yours is amazing. I have already shown this to my friends.

Reactions: OOO
It was very difficult to control the drone in these cave-like rocky formations (in ATTI mode). For better quality, please watch it in 4K (60 fps). Thanks in advance for the comments.

Beautiful rock colors. Scary to fly so close to the water!

It was very difficult to control the drone in these cave-like rocky formations (in ATTI mode). For better quality, please watch it in 4K (60 fps). Thanks in advance for the comments.

Thanks for posting this ... the only thing I'd like to say aside from the many comments of others, is that starting at minute 2:05 or so and then again later, you reveal the challenges of dynamic lighting changes in that environment. The blacks/shadows are crushed badly on the canyon walls and we lose all that delicious detail. This is a post-processing task to be sure. I missed what tool sets you used to put the vignette together (FCPX or Adobe, etc.)

Did you use Course lock in that back and turn section?

Best,

Thanks for posting this ... the only thing I'd like to say aside from the many comments of others, is that starting at minute 2:05 or so and then again later, you reveal the challenges of dynamic lighting changes in that environment. The blacks/shadows are crushed badly on the canyon walls and we lose all that delicious detail. This is a post-processing task to be sure. I missed what tool sets you used to put the vignette together (FCPX or Adobe, etc.)

Did you use Course lock in that back and turn section?

Best,

Avocet, thanks for the comment. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I’m relatively new to filming, editing, color correction/grading and drone flying. In addition I’m a colorblind person. This one is probably my 3rd or 4th color corrected video. I really don’t know how to reveal those details in post. I’m using FCPX for editing and color correction (no extra plugin). I think both home lock and course lock need GPS to work. In the first and last scene I had 5-6 satellite but the drone was in ATTI mode for the rest of the flight (no GPS). I also turned off obstacle avoidance and vision positioning system before starting the flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoemaker
Magnificent! Really makes me want to get back into the game. I just got a call today from a deer hunter who found my last drone that flew away three years ago.

Reactions: OOO and KentA

This is just awesome, I have only had my PS3 a month and still learning, I can't wait to get this good.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl