The Classic Dilemma - Upgrade or Wait

Do I upgrade the P3P now or wait for the P5?

• Total voters
it's up to 90 days here in the UK to get an extension on permission to fly at night and as it's for commercial flight that's not unreasonable - most stuff gets planned/story boarded months in advance for 'normal' photography, aerial should be no different. Getting releases signed, insurance in place, finding gaps in actors/model's calendars that all line up takes forever.

What kinda surprises me is that they are still granting permissions for quads to fly over congested areas or at night - there's talk over here that anything beyond normal permissions will require a drone with redundancy/the ability to fly safely if a motor fails.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
From all reports though, the P4 Pro and the Mavic are selling as fast as DJI can manufacture them, they are still instructing dealers not to discount them (and penalising those that do) or offer customers deals. No other manufacturers are currently offering any real competition to these models - selling an upgraded version doesn't make a lot of sense when you are way ahead of the competitoon and undermining sales of either model isn't something a company like DJI will want to do - I suspect they will be looking at different sectors of the market

On the other hand someone else is always ready to eat their lunch - so they have to keep moving forward. They have a deeper bench than evert with the MP, P4P, the new racers, Inspire 2, the new industrial drone, etc. -- but they won't be resting on their laurels.

Seems to have been worth the un-boxing so far! Although I did forget to turn off 16x9...

P4P-Small.jpg

Yeah I think this convinced me to open it up.

Also took my 107 at Lunken! Hah. Very small world indeed!
Elsinore and Davemex, I am from Cincy too and will be taking the test at Lunken soon. I don't want to hijack this thread but was wondering if you guys would be interested in a meet up. I will IM you guys to avoid taking this thread off topic.

Elsinore and Davemex, I am from Cincy too and will be taking the test at Lunken soon. I don't want to hijack this thread but was wondering if you guys would be interested in a meet up. I will IM you guys to avoid taking this thread off topic.

Possibly! Shoot me a PM.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures