The city of Santa Monica no fly zone

I would like to thank everybody who responded to my original post. But in these interesting times I don't want to have any contact with the police, In some cases that can be life threatening... If all I was risking was Them just telling me not to fly here that would be one thing. But risking a citation possible jail time confiscation of my drone that something else. It's certainly a shame that people who want to do nothing more then just fly and take beautiful pictures Are subjected to such scrutiny. But all of you brave Guys That go out And stand up for the rest of us. I certainly do appreciate what you guys do

Thanks,

Just wanted to give you guys an update, I finally got around to speaking to code enforcement, and they clarified the ordinance. As some of you guys earlier posted again, you guys were 100% correct when you said they could not ban drones in the entire city. It means that you cannot fly a drone from city property.

Not exactly sure what the police department was thinking when they sent me an email saying the entire city, I suspect they were just trying to discourage me from flying completely. Thanks again for your accurate information and sharing your experiences

Safe Landings

DUDE... IT’S SMO!!!!…Have You Ever Done a Noise Abatement Takeoff out of there in a Jet?... FORTUNATELY I NEVER Busted an Engine Doing That Procedure...BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, I NEVER BUSTED THE NOISE LIMIT...SMO...I’m surprised that you can fly a Kite there!…Man, Forget the Drone...ain’t gonna happen!

Reactions: Cliff 2020
This is a link to the FAA press release concerning airspace. I printed it out and showed it to a police officer in a city that had an ordinance prohibiting flying. He took a copy to present to the city council. The last I heard they were going to prohibit takeoff and landing from city properties. I also include a copy of the fact sheet this is linked in the press release.

Last edited:
I finally took the flight and flu the Drone in Santa Monica did not get cited nor go to jail. Thanks to everybody who is supportive and posted information on this thread

Attachments

• DJI_0074.JPG
    DJI_0074.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 293
It will be VERY INTERESTING to see how SMO reacts when Amazon,UPS, Dominos ect...start using Drones for Delivery Services!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic