The Cable that connects the camera broke

Reaction score
Anyone know if the flat black (ribbon) cable that connects the camera can be replaced? Mine broke.

The fix is a brand new gimbal and camera for 670.00....Sounds ridiculous right? I lightly bumped a tree yesterday and my gimbal is acting crazy now, so I called DJI support which was excellent service but they said Im at loss unfortunately. So I guess when I get the money up I'll have to buy the replacement. To bad they don't sell little parts and make a fortune like every other rc company on the market :(

Do you know what the part number is because I can;t find anything that looks like the cable I'm talking about. (It's the one that's part of the gimbal)

I believe this is the extremely rare part number. :!:

Attachments

• ribbon cable.jpg
    ribbon cable.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 471
Thanks very much for the replies. Makes me feel that at least there's a chance that I won't have to replace the whole camera/gimbal.

Local DJI rep has written saying the only option is to replace the whole Gimbal/Camera.
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get one of these spares please?

Ok, ignore this - I think I've figured out what has happened from previous posts in the links above.
My guess is that Daves Motors got hold of - or possibly manufactured a handful of the part which they then sold for what seems like a very reasonable price. Seems like all have sold out and it seems like they are the only source. So basically I now own a phantom without a camera.

Given it's going to cost me a minimum of £495 to replace the gimbal/camera - is it worth it?
Pretty sure if I fixed it I'd sell it. It seems way to breakable for my liking.
Any ideas what mine would be worth as a used broken item? It flies - it's just the camera that's screwed.

Same deal here, webstereo. No ribbon cables currently available. On, mine, the camera separated too, but it was on the horizontal axis so I can use viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19653&hilit=gimbal+tilt+solved to fix it, if I only had a ribbon cable. $15 USD is worth a shot, but it is simply not available. DDM had some, but it was an "experiment" from DJI. Few people actually used the cables to fix an issue, and simply kept it as a spare part "in case". Experiment over.

I just ordered a $679 USD new replacement gimbal/camera from Ebay...sigh

There have been multiple people (including me) that had their broken cable/gimbal fixed for free by DJI. Seems like only in the US though, haven't seen any success stories from elsewhere. You have to be ready to do without it for 6-8 weeks though. It's been suggested that if you can't do without it, buy another, then sell one when the original is back..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl