The best motor caps! 3D printed caps!

I actually ended up getting the Relish 3D caps delivered yesterday......they did fit....just not well and I worry about them damaging the locking mechanism over time. So I ordered some from Phantom Help!

Did you try and get ahold of them about them not fitting right? I have heard nothing back.

Did you try and get ahold of them about them not fitting right? I have heard nothing back.
I haven't attempted contact and basically planned to just eat the cost...... I'm getting to the point I might as well just buy a 3D printer with the amount of 3D printed parts I have been buying for various projects.

For anyone interested, you can order my motors caps here. The pricing is as follows (to cover my cost to ship them to you):

US - $3
Canada - $10
Everywhere Else - $14

You're welcome to pay whatever you want though if you'd like to support my work :)
Do you happen to have something like these for the P3??!!

I contacted them and he said he would replace them.. And that they test EVERY set, but maybe I got an old set? I told him the 3D printer quality was really bad as I could see the individual strands of material as it printed it. He said that shouldn't matter. @msinger thank you! I just ordered a set. I love your setup. I paid $20 for the bad ones... I paid you $13 for 4... If you need more money from me please say so.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why not use some old blades, cut them and use some sand paper for the rough edges...
Just an idea ..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I told him the 3D printer quality was really bad as I could see the individual strands of material as it printed it. He said that shouldn't matter.
Got a close up photo? I'm curious.

I paid $20 for the bad ones... I paid you $13 for 4... If you need more money from me please say so.
Thank you for donating. I appreciate it! :)

a3ad02b99d261c81fc37fac81d19ebf4.jpg
82361edd4eb37b838b1208be2e21b319.jpg
05da23bcefccda53fed8a0667a566143.jpg

Your first two photos are pretty blurry. The 3rd has an odd looking texture on the inside of the cap. It almost looks like it was melted with a heat gun (which I know some people use to finish parts).

Do you happen to have something like these for the P3??!!
I don't. I could probably make a P3 version that screws onto the top of the motors. I'm thinking that would be the best way to ensure they don't fall off.

I don't. I could probably make a P3 version that screws onto the top of the motors. I'm thinking that would be the best way to ensure they don't fall off.
That would be awesome! I could probably send you some old prop centers to model off of

Reactions: Procharged97
Not to take anything away from msinger, as I truly value his total commitment with his knowledge, help and free solutions in the DJI Community. I do not have a P4 so I am not going to comment on anything about motor caps for it.
I do however, want to share without getting to oof topic on Motor Caps for P3's. I have some really great motor caps. They were actually semi free. They came with and still do with the Motor Reinforcement Plates by UAVBITS Motor Reinforcement Plates for free

They work great!
20160528_153743_resized.jpg
20160528_153821_resized.jpg

I just got mine as well and two fit two do not, kinda junk if you ask me

Reactions: tml4191
scatmanr1, are you referring to the caps listed by the OP or other ones?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl