The Astonishing Beauty of Adirondack Winter (please comment constructively)

- Too many closeups of tree branches. Get up above the trees and lets see the surrounding topography.
- Reverse shots (ground going away) typically look better.
- Out there, I would have programmed a way-point route. Try out Litchi, its worth every bit of $25.

- Too many closeups of tree branches. Get up above the trees and lets see the surrounding topography.
- Reverse shots (ground going away) typically look better.
- Out there, I would have programmed a way-point route. Try out Litchi, its worth every bit of $25.
I take your point about seeing it from above, but I already have three winter videos where I do just that, check them out :), as for litchi, well, I have heard allot about it.... You can save a mission and use it again right?

Correct. Not only that, you can focus on waypoints, input altitude above terrain, etc.

Amazing software.

Heres one I did for a local staion here in NH. Mt Washington:

Reactions: D0CT0R and MKurr

Without getting too much into composition...

Beautiful footage. However, the digital artifacts are off the charts...completely unwatchable in my humble opinion.

Looks like you may have rendered in Adobe Premiere Pro. Re-render using "YouTube" settings. It's counter-intuitive, but these settings will net the least artifacts in the YouTube space.

Check out this "action" video (shot in 4K). Originally, it was littered with digital artifacts. Here's a 1080p rendering, which shows SOME artifacts, but not nearly as bad as my original renderings, which were on par with your video. This version was rendered @1080p, which nets SOME artifacts. Watch it full screen to see the same sky/tree artifacts your video is afflicted with.

You'll noticed digital artifacts throughout the above video. I tried a half-dozen different render settings before discovering the "YouTube" settings. I usually use h.264 "High-Quality" settings for my Canon footage. But the highly-compressed, low-bitrate GoPro video just choked on it. So for grins I opted for the h.264 / YouTube 2160p 4K settings and wella...artifacts gone (well...most of them).

Here are the export settings in Adobe Premiere Pro.

1581271520029.png

Hope this was the kind of constructive criticism you were looking for. By far, re-rendering with the correct settings will net the single most profound improvement in your video of any advice you receive via this forum.

Good luck!

D

Last edited:
Reactions: MKurr
Without getting too much into composition...

Beautiful footage. However, the digital artifacts are off the charts...completely unwatchable in my humble opinion.

Looks like you may have rendered in Adobe Premiere Pro. Re-render using "YouTube" settings. It's counter-intuitive, but these settings will net the least artifacts in the YouTube space.

Check out this "action" video (shot in 4K). Originally, it was littered with digital artifacts. Here's a 1080p rendering, which shows SOME artifacts, but not nearly as bad as my original renderings, which were on par with your video. This version was rendered @1080p, which nets SOME artifacts. Watch it full screen to see the same sky/tree artifacts your video is afflicted with.

You'll noticed digital artifacts throughout the above video. I tried a half-dozen different render settings before discovering the "YouTube" settings. I usually use h.264 "High-Quality" settings for my Canon footage. But the highly-compressed, low-bitrate GoPro video just choked on it. So for grins I opted for the h.264 / YouTube 2160p 4K settings and wella...artifacts gone (well...most of them).

Here are the export settings in Adobe Premiere Pro.

View attachment 117143

Hope this was the kind of constructive criticism you were looking for. By far, re-rendering with the correct settings will net the single most profound improvement in your video of any advice you receive via this forum.

Good luck!

D
Hmmm, thanks....

Correct. Not only that, you can focus on waypoints, input altitude above terrain, etc.

Amazing software.

Heres one I did for a local staion here in NH. Mt Washington:

Outstanding!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20