The Astonishing Beauty of Adirondack Winter (please comment constructively)

Hi MKurr

The youtube feed looked a bit blurry, but that could be due to the download speed from them.
Overall... great views and well edited, what monitor did you use during the flight, especially the close pass sequences through the trees...?
Liked it... 10 out of 10.

Ciao Waylander

Reactions: MKurr and nkatazo
Great footage. What settings did you use. Would like to try the same in the Carribean

Reactions: MKurr
Great footage. What settings did you use. Would like to try the same in the Carribean
What do you mean by settings? As in drone color profile: I think I used "Vivid", auto exposure, auto white balance, I don't think I changed anything else from factory settings....

Hi MKurr

The youtube feed looked a bit blurry, but that could be due to the download speed from them.
Overall... great views and well edited, what monitor did you use during the flight, especially the close pass sequences through the trees...?

Ciao Waylander
I used an iphone 5s of all screens... I pulled off the tight passes in direct VLOS, as in, I was standing right below/behind the drone...

Glad you liked it!

Well done - I very much enjoyed viewing this video - as you said nature's beauty. I watched in 1080P (because YouTube intially served it up to me at 720P and it did look a little compressed and muddy in the shadows).

My constructive feedback that aims to help you improve your output is:
I know its hard to cut footage in post (I certainly struggle) but sometimes less really is more - some sequences might be improved if they were shortened. Some sequences could be divided in to two by clipping out a wobble.
Try reversing some clips so that it is revealed slowly to the viewer rather than showing them everything straight away. (All the above applies to my own work too!)

Nice job - keep up the good work and please share again.

All the best, Martin

Well done - I very much enjoyed viewing this video - as you said nature's beauty. I watched in 1080P (because YouTube intially served it up to me at 720P and it did look a little compressed and muddy in the shadows).

I know its hard to cut footage in post (I certainly struggle) but sometimes less really is more - some sequences might be improved if they were shortened. Some sequences could be divided in to two by clipping out a wobble.
Try reversing some clips so that it is revealed slowly to the viewer rather than showing them everything straight away. (All the above applies to my own work too!)

All the best, Martin
The reversing is a really good idea! I havn't really thought of that... Thanks for the tips! ;)

Reactions: Harleydude
Hi MKurr

Ciao Waylander

Hi, It is just worth checking that YouTube is streaming to you at the native resolution of the screen that you are viewing the video on. At the bottom right of the YouTube screen click on the gear cog for settings and select the appropriate resolution. I don't claim to understand why but YouTube streamed this video to me at 720P although I always watch at 1080P on this laptop.
Regards, Martin

Reactions: MKurr
Hi, It is just worth checking that YouTube is streaming to you at the native resolution of the screen that you are viewing the video on. At the bottom right of the YouTube screen click on the gear cog for settings and select the appropriate resolution. I don't claim to understand why but YouTube streamed this video to me at 720P although I always watch at 1080P on this laptop.
Regards, Martin
It also kinda depends on internet speed....

All the best, Martin
Great vid!

This video is below 3 mins which I think is a good length. I agree with the recommendation to avoid clips that are too long. But I personally don’t see that happening here much if at all. Good advice on the reveal shots.

At some point auto white bal and auto exp will bite you. Changing in mid clip making post processing a pain sometimes.

i shoot a lot in the ADK - mostly around Lake George.

Great vid!

This video is below 3 mins which I think is a good length. I agree with the recommendation to avoid clips that are too long. But I personally don’t see that happening here much if at all. Good advice on the reveal shots.

At some point auto white bal and auto exp will bite you. Changing in mid clip making post processing a pain sometimes.

i shoot a lot in the ADK - mostly around Lake George.

You sure have a lot of videos... Glad you liked the video!

It was a beautiful video, music, and scenery, the only thing I would change is that you left too many sudden movements in the final video. Like when you are moving the gimbal up to look at something really quick before starting to film it. Those sudden movements make it look unprofessional. Other than that it was really nice looking!

It was a beautiful video, music, and scenery, the only thing I would change is that you left too many sudden movements in the final video. Like when you are moving the gimbal up to look at something really quick before starting to film it. Those sudden movements make it look unprofessional. Other than that it was really nice looking!
Yeah, usually I try to keep sudden movments out of the final product, when I was re-watching this I noticed one myself... Glad you liked it though, I hope it stays popular!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl