The 1-hour wetsuit

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
20190721_171447.jpg20190721_171232.jpg20190721_171117.jpg
20190721_171447.jpg
20190721_171232.jpg
20190721_171117.jpg
Started at 4 this afternoon finished at 5. The second time is soooo much easier. I missed this morning's thunderstorms because I wanted to have both wetsuits in the air at the same time. Been raining everyday so now I'm ready. Hey Coal, need a decal, can't find one in this kit. And possibly bigger one for my truck. Thanks
Are there any Phantom Pilots decals?

Gotta ask here KO... What keeps motors cool if you cover them? I'm really curious. Not being facetious!

Brad

Looks pretty good btw!

Gotta ask here KO... What keeps motors cool if you cover them? I'm really curious. Not being facetious!

Brad

Looks pretty good btw!
I wondered the same thing until I used my laser temperature gauge on them. They only went up about 5 degrees and way under the maximum temperature rating, or so I've heard. Outside temp was 90 +. They have also done considerable testing at Phantom rain with no detrimental effect. Mine works perfectly. Sorry Brad but you're going to have to wait till you get your P4 if you want to try a wetsuit.

Yip looks cool,.twins,,I have crack on my new shell but can't bring myself to replace it yet after installing suit,,Coal was kind enough to send me the blue aswell so I have spare and his free xtra mail he post is with the courier so that's even cooler,,that's a good deed on the part of the wetsuit man,must say it's very odd flying in the rain,it's like doing something we know we shouldent but works really good,,,,motors,,,na mine never get hot...as notice me put extra part on top by battery due to 1 batt being bit loose
20190722_095407.jpg

Yip looks cool,.twins,,I have crack on my new shell but can't bring myself to replace it yet after installing suit,,Coal was kind enough to send me the blue aswell so I have spare and his free xtra mail he post is with the courier so that's even cooler,,that's a good deed on the part of the wetsuit man,must say it's very odd flying in the rain,it's like doing something we know we shouldent but works really good,,,,motors,,,na mine never get hot...as notice me put extra part on top by battery due to 1 batt being bit looseView attachment 113034
Yep, twins. Coal did me well, and was very helpful. This install was actually fun. I’m still flying with a bad motor on my P4, for the same reason as you. Just watching it carefully because I’m in no hurry to remove the wetsuit. Yet

Reactions: Shoot4fun
View attachment 113031View attachment 113032View attachment 113033View attachment 113031View attachment 113032View attachment 113033Started at 4 this afternoon finished at 5. The second time is soooo much easier. I missed this morning's thunderstorms because I wanted to have both wetsuits in the air at the same time. Been raining everyday so now I'm ready. Hey Coal, need a decal, can't find one in this kit. And possibly bigger one for my truck. Thanks

Got to have the Phantom Rain Decal.
Making a note now.
These are awesome pictures I do have one for the truck , send soon..

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Does the black half of the Phantom get hot enough to worry about? Are other colors also half black? Any disadvantages of the rain suits? Thanks!

View attachment 113031View attachment 113032View attachment 113033View attachment 113031View attachment 113032View attachment 113033Started at 4 this afternoon finished at 5. The second time is soooo much easier. I missed this morning's thunderstorms because I wanted to have both wetsuits in the air at the same time. Been raining everyday so now I'm ready. Hey Coal, need a decal, can't find one in this kit. And possibly bigger one for my truck. Thanks

Does the black half of the Phantom get hot enough to worry about? Are other colors also half black? Any disadvantages of the rain suits? Thanks!
Disadvantage,,,loss couple kph on top speed
Advantages,,,,it can fly in nearly all weather except hurricanes,
No black does not get hot at all
Not sure on range of colour but I have blue and black and the trauma 1 which red and black, great for visabitily on me bad eyes,,wetsuit on drone still performs like normal on sunny day,,I was skeptic at first but having one now makes a good drone better,,all weather drone makes me happy:)

Disadvantage,,,loss couple kph on top speed
Advantages,,,,it can fly in nearly all weather except hurricanes,
No black does not get hot at all
Not sure on range of colour but I have blue and black and the trauma 1 which red and black, great for visabitily on me bad eyes,,wetsuit on drone still performs like normal on sunny day,,I was skeptic at first but having one now makes a good drone better,,all weather drone makes me happy:)
Thanks for the reply. I live in San Diego and have been considering the rain suit for visibility and to fly over water.

I agree with everything ian said. All of them have black on the front and a choice of white, red, or blue on back.(battery side). Can’t think of any disadvantages. Rain and sand proof, hard to beat. But please don’t land in water, it sinks. But slower. ?☔

They also sell a life jacket for that purpose. Have not tried it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
I just have to ask, does the wetsuit affect flight time at all? It seems like it probably adds a significant amount of weight, seeing how thick it is. And I just can't see myself using one because I rarely ever fly in the rain. Basically I would have it stuck to my drone all the time but only really need it once or twice a year if I really had to fly in the rain. Maybe if Phantom wetsuits made something that was removable then I would actually consider buying it. Like something that clicks to the top and bottom using clips.

I just have to ask, does the wetsuit affect flight time at all? It seems like it probably adds a significant amount of weight, seeing how thick it is. And I just can't see myself using one because I rarely ever fly in the rain. Basically I would have it stuck to my drone all the time but only really need it once or twice a year if I really had to fly in the rain. Maybe if Phantom wetsuits made something that was removable then I would actually consider buying it. Like something that clicks to the top and bottom using clips.

Keep in mind that Phantom Wet Suit only weighs 0.5 ounces . Flight time would be minimal.
The benefits of the Wet Suit go beyond just the rain as it keeps the battery sealed tight, a problem that has been talked about on the forum.
The Wet Suit also locks in those leg clips which come off easily for many. Its designed to by year round protection.

Rain , sand, snow , dirt all contribute to the benefits , and not having to panic when it does rain or threaten to rain priceless. :}

Reactions: Weston Ney

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers