Texas State Parks

I'm not a pot stirer, but I can see a civil suit here on the grounds of public areas.
I'm also curious about the reasoning behind it.
I'm actually trying to get the Texas State Capitol involved. This thread has been incredibly useful. I'm trying to get a legislator to file a bill to usurp the "Executive Director" and his stupid ruling about drone use in the state parks. The website doesn't explicitly say that the parks are off limits for take off and landing, so from what I understand people can be fined for takeoff inside the parks without knowing the laws because the website doesn't say.

Last edited:
I did research back in 2017 and contacted a Game Warden I knew, who pointed me to the person in Austin. Each park depends on how the superintendent feels about UAV's.
I've flown, with the park superintendent's written permission, at the Battleship Texas park, and San Jacinto Monument park. I requested permission from the superintendent at Balmorhea State Park, and was shot down immediately.

I did research back in 2017 and contacted a Game Warden I knew, who pointed me to the person in Austin. Each park depends on how the superintendent feels about UAV's.
I've flown, with the park superintendent's written permission, at the Battleship Texas park, and San Jacinto Monument park. I requested permission from the superintendent at Balmorhea State Park, and was shot down immediately.
What was the process you went through to request permission?

What was the process you went through to request permission?
Find out on the TP&W website who the park manager is. Call or email, tell them exactly what you want to do, and you understand that you will not fly over people, bother the wildlife (if any) and will abide by any rules the superintendent sets out. Don't be surprised by a refusal. It's all up to the manager. I got lucky with the one at San Jacinto, but the one at Balmorhea was adamantly opposed to anything flying over "her" park. I simply parked outside the front gate and flew over the park several times taking off and landing on a unused driveway off the highway

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj