Terrible video lag - P4P and Galaxy Tab S

Reaction score
I finally got my P4P out for its first flights today. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4. All firmware is up to date. I'm experiencing a video lag time of about 35 seconds, which obviously makes it impossible to record any kind of usable video. The video feed is of good quality, just way behind the aircraft movement. I have a Crystal Sky Ultra Bright monitor on order, which I hope will fix this, but nobody seems to have any idea when those will ship. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions? I thought maybe I could decrease the resolution of the live feed but i don't see a setting for that. It would be nice to start shooting some videos before the CS gets here.

Thanks!

Have you turned of the video caching in the DJI Go4 app are you using 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz ?

5.8ghz might give better performance but shorter range

It is set on 5.8ghz. I'm not sure on the video caching. I'll check that next time I open the app.

I am sorry to inform you that Samsung Tab S and some S2 won't work. I've tried them both in the past and they both lagged very bad. Mine lagged for around 5-6 secs but still, they were not good for flying. I tried multiple solutions and combinations but nothing worked. I sold both and bought the iPad. I am not an Apple fan but I have to say that I am very happy with the iPad. I am a big Android fan but I bought the iPad for drone flying purpose only and it is doing a great job.

I am sorry to inform you that Samsung Tab S and some S2 won't work. I've tried them both in the past and they both lagged very bad. Mine lagged for around 5-6 secs but still, they were not good for flying. I tried multiple solutions and combinations but nothing worked. I sold both and bought the iPad. I am not an Apple fan but I have to say that I am very happy with the iPad. I am a big Android fan but I bought the iPad for drone flying purpose only and it is doing a great job.
Thanks for the info. I am also not an Apple fan. Sounds like my solution is to just wait it out for the Crystal Sky to ship.

You might try uninstalling anything you can, other than DJI Go.
I had issues with a similar tablet. So I did a factory reset, then just installed Go. Much better performance, but not lag-free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers