Temporary? New Zealand recreational flight ban!

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
That's a shame things have gotten that bad. They have to do what they have to do to save lives. These rules hurt everyone. I think each country is doing their best.

This is getting totally ridiculous. No wonder you're seeing protests starting up in places. Sitting in a field flying my drone seems less risk than walking (I almost got attached by a loose dog last week) or riding a bike for exercise, which is deemed acceptable and essential by most states and county authorities. Makes no sense. We are being programmed. Watch this documentary about this to learn more, it has over 10 million views in 2wks. You can't deny programming humans through media has been going on for years, but you may not want to believe it.

Last edited:
We too, have our form of the "Stasi" here in the UK. I long ago retired as a police officer, but do not like what my former colleagues are now expected to do. I see no problems whatsoever in people flying drones anywhere, as long as they comply with the safety regulations that any responsible drone pilot would conform to anyway. To stop because of CV19 - is absurd ! Good luck and stay safe and virus free !

Reactions: MTO
Hey @ianzone, are you aware of this over there? Fill us in on what's going on dude.

Thx. Stay safe and Healthy [emoji106][emoji40]
;)ha gave myself a break,,as to the banned flying it showed up on FB aswell but has been shot down,,its not on our MOT website so seems bit of a wind up story,,if some have watched Bruce's utube clips in the past he is over exaggerated the whole thing,,the same rules still apply as before,,we just cant travel to fly UNTIL tomorrow when we enter level 3,,yyyyaaaayyyyy,,I did search on this and found no new laws regarding a NZ ban,,gezz our army just spent 80.000 on mavics and phantom 4 drones,somehow this story got very twisted,,even on dji NZ drone users group the answer is the same,there is no ban of drones in the pipeline ,mayby one day we might need 101 to fly but that's ok,,our country has been lucky with covid and our precautions taken have allowed us to go level 3 which means local beaches and parks and surfcasting is allowed again but we still be careful of others etc,,we will all get through this so hang tough and it's hard but social distancing helps beat this virus,,stay safe and well out there
Yip I'm alive and well,thanks for concern

Hey Ian. Thanks for checking in. We were worried about you. Phantom Pilots Forum is not the same without you. [emoji106]

I was thinking Bruce's video was a bit exaggerated too. So I figured that YOU would be the best source of reliable information there in NZ.

Good to hear that your country's virus conditions are improving too. I think we all will be ok IF we don't get back to 'normal' too fast. And I agree the social distancing is key to allowing this coronavirus to be controlled.

Until next time...........stay safe........and healthy. [emoji16]

Hi Ian, is https://www.aviation.govt.nz/assets/about-us/alert-level-3-faqs.pdf a fake then?
If so my apologises to everyone
This is new to me and this never came up in all searching I did,,,,I dont regard this as fake so I'm going to dig very deep into caa to get the truth,,its hard for them to police this ,,dont apologize for posting info,it could be corect but I did search before I replyed on heaps of NZ websites and there were no new changes,,,I send email to my buddies at the airport and see if they have direct link that helps us......................
Ok I just sent email to Civil Aviation Authorities of NZ so they should reply soon,,straight to the top see what comes back

Last edited by a moderator:
;)ha gave myself a break,,as to the banned flying it showed up on FB aswell but has been shot down,,its not on our MOT website so seems bit of a wind up story,,if some have watched Bruce's utube clips in the past he is over exaggerated the whole thing,,the same rules still apply as before,,we just cant travel to fly UNTIL tomorrow when we enter level 3,,yyyyaaaayyyyy,,I did search on this and found no new laws regarding a NZ ban,,gezz our army just spent 80.000 on mavics and phantom 4 drones,somehow this story got very twisted,,even on dji NZ drone users group the answer is the same,there is no ban of drones in the pipeline ,mayby one day we might need 101 to fly but that's ok,,our country has been lucky with covid and our precautions taken have allowed us to go level 3 which means local beaches and parks and surfcasting is allowed again but we still be careful of others etc,,we will all get through this so hang tough and it's hard but social distancing helps beat this virus,,stay safe and well out there
Yip I'm alive and well,thanks for concern
Welcome home Ian!
Don’t ever do that to us again, now go to your room, you’re grounded! ?

I'm still awaiting news but seems even dji pilots forum NZ bit stumped aswell,,it seems very wrong somewhere considering we could fly during level 4 but not at all in level 3 ,,huh,,how they work that has me buggered,,gosh I searched all day on this cause I plan to fly tomorrow in level 3,,its impossible for them to police or enforce this so something is not right here,,airshare is very accurate information but nobody knows why this is,,they just making rules to suit but cant give a reason ?
I plan to fly ,,no a rule breaker but until I get some reason from the top I'm out there,,to the sky's,
If and when someone replys I will update but personally this rule sux ,,be a lot of drones for sale soon

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I'm still awaiting news but seems even dji pilots forum NZ bit stumped aswell,,it seems very wrong somewhere considering we could fly during level 4 but not at all in level 3 ,,huh,,how they work that has me buggered,,gosh I searched all day on this cause I plan to fly tomorrow in level 3,,its impossible for them to police or enforce this so something is not right here,,airshare is very accurate information but nobody knows why this is,,they just making rules to suit but cant give a reason ?
I plan to fly ,,no a rule breaker but until I get some reason from the top I'm out there,,to the sky's,
If and when someone replys I will update but personally this rule sux ,,be a lot of drones for sale soon
Well no replys from any agency on this but I did fly anyway so still waiting ,,,I dont think there's going to be reply from them ,,I bet they stretching their heads too,,,going flying tomorrow too

Hey update W E C A N F L Y ;););););) CAA drone ban reversed,,just shows how stupid this was
20200428_181519.jpg
??????☺???????????

Reactions: MTO
Yesterday was no fly,,now drones are a accepted,,,I'm so happy,,,lol I was flying anyway ?
Screenshot_20200428-183034_Drive.jpg

That got changed quick. Good for you and everyone else who made it happen! ?
Yeh shows how stupid it was ay,,they must have got sic of me using runway for draggin me rc cars lol and thought wow this guys not leaving,we have to allow flying again,,
Yeh they must have got swamped with emails from all over the country I think for the sudden change or it was just not meant to happen,,me happy so that's good,,been rather grumpy since first reading that,,even the thought of selling went through my head:eek:,should never think of selling,,to the skys

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31