Tell me where to go (gently please)

Reaction score
I am an old guy with a New Years day P4P. I know nothing about video formats, techniques, etc. I do have 40 years of photography experience (amateur only, but, I do understand light).

What part of the DJI Pilot site should I use to post questions that are going to be very basic (like why do my .mov files seem to chop at 3990 mb and start a new file when I am doing a 25 min flight. I have a 128 gb micro sd that should hold it.

v/r rch

If I am not mistaken, the write limit is around 4-5GB, before starting a new file. Reduce your resolution a bit and you will get longer files. This is assuming you are shooting in 4k. 1080p should be a bit longer.

The 4 Gb max size isn’t a file system or SD card capacity limit. It is simply related to the fact the videos are a 32bit file, 2 to the power of 32 = 4 gigabytes.

You shouldn’t have dropped frames. The easiest way to avoid any potential problems is to shoot shorter takes.

Ok, believe it or not I understand what is being said. I like the math because it makes it clear to me. I will say that the lag between the end of the 4 gb "cut" and the start of a new file is so short that it almost looks continuous. I just wondered why it was happening. I am now a happy camper.

Is this the right forum for my questions. I have seen beautiful films done by very expert producers on this sub forum. I don't want to offend "the masters" with the questions of the new guy if I can avoid it.

Is this the right sub-forum or should I be somewhere else?

v/r rch

Your alright rhouser but most P4P stuff would go here Phantom 4 Pro Discussion .
0ROJYyg.png

I am an old guy with a New Years day P4P. I know nothing about video formats, techniques, etc. I do have 40 years of photography experience (amateur only, but, I do understand light).

What part of the DJI Pilot site should I use to post questions that are going to be very basic (like why do my .mov files seem to chop at 3990 mb and start a new file when I am doing a 25 min flight. I have a 128 gb micro sd that should hold it.

v/r rch

May I suggest checking out this video which should be understandable for someone with a photography background.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl