Telemetry Data and videos

So has anyone found where telemetry file is stored?
And could someone make it available for download? I'd like to make a profile in Dashware (which I would share) whilst making up my mind whether to buy the P3

As I don't have a P3 or Inspire, I cannot say for certain but I am pretty sure there will be a folder with files that say FLY001.DAT, FLY002.DAT, etc. The data is a dump of all the CAN messages from a flight. Each subsystem has it's own message type that they broadcast over the bus. Messages are encapsulated into CAN frames. Not all messages come in consecutive frames which makes decoding interesting!

The NAZA data structures have been mostly mapped out but I don't know if one has been done the A2 (Inspire / P3 effectively use a variant of the A2). This is what one of the message looks like on the NAZA. The A2 version will be similar except some of the data structures will likely be different.

010x-msgs.jpg

As I don't have a P3 or Inspire, I cannot say for certain but I am pretty sure there will be a folder with files that say FLY001.DAT, FLY002.DAT, etc. The data is a dump of all the CAN messages from a flight. Each subsystem has it's own message type that they broadcast over the bus. Messages are encapsulated into CAN frames. Not all messages come in consecutive frames which makes decoding interesting!

The NAZA data structures have been mostly mapped out but I don't know if one has been done the A2 (Inspire / P3 effectively use a variant of the A2). This is what one of the message looks like on the NAZA. The A2 version will be similar except some of the data structures will likely be different.

010x-msgs.jpg

I was able to pull the DAT files by hooking into the USB port on the back of the bird. Opened them in notepad and it was gibberish. How do we dechiper?

It's a binary encoded data stream. Notepad ain't gonna cut it! :confused:

There is already user development work going on to unpack the A2 format. I just haven't seen any threads on it lately. Someone will do it. Most of the hard work from the NAZA can be used to make it a lot easier.

It's a binary encoded data stream. Notepad ain't gonna cut it! :confused:

There is already user development work going on to unpack the A2 format. I just haven't seen any threads on it lately. Someone will do it. Most of the hard work from the NAZA can be used to make it a lot easier.
The app also stores basic flight log data itself. On android very easy to access just browse to the app directory. On iOS you will need a tool like, itools to do this.

The app also stores basic flight log data itself. On android very easy to access just browse to the app directory. On iOS you will need a tool like, itools to do this.
Could someone make available the log data they have?

Blade,
I poked around and didn't see anything obvious on my Android device
Can you shed some light on what I am looking for?

Thanks

Blade,
I poked around and didn't see anything obvious on my Android device
Can you shed some light on what I am looking for?

Thanks
Device storage>dji.pilot>flight record

Currently only the dji pilot app..
So currently could be taken a few ways...
Is there any plans for DJI to release something or should we not hold our breath?
I was under the impression that something in plane readable text was available to us (turning that video caption option on that the Inspire has)?

So currently could be taken a few ways...
Is there any plans for DJI to release something or should we not hold our breath?
I was under the impression that something in plane readable text was available to us (turning that video caption option on that the Inspire has)?

If you turn on the video caption function you should generate a SRT file. This can be played with the video file in a player like vlc.

Blade,
Can you shed light on a couple of the variables
Hb:22.3
Hs:0.0

2015-05-04_21h30_24_zpsw34jhu6f.png

I think Hb might be height in meters?
What about Hs?

I knew it was there but I'm also on a build or two newer.. I do believe HS is Head speed, were you hovering?

I knew it was there but I'm also on a build or two newer.. I do believe HS is Head speed, were you hovering?
Looks like maybe a bug in the software
I was not hovering but after looking at the video again (its about 5 min in duration)
The Hs value is only populated for the first 45 seconds after that it goes to 0 despite alot more movement
If it helps I can get you a copy of the files (MOV and/or SRT)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers